Balancing the world

In a world where heros and citizens live in peace is a fantasy for most. However not everyone can become one. Most people grew up in awful situations and suffer in silence until they snap...

1st Person's Pov
A sigh escaped my lips as I walk out of the shop. I'm five minutes late and I can't help but think that I should stop by and get a snack or just head straight to base.

'Get a snack first! We're hungry!'

I nodded to myself and turned a corner to go to the nearest gas station. As I entered I gave a quick 'Hey' and headed to the snack aisle.  "Heya Vemon, what snacks you think I should get? ". I whispered quietly to myself.

'Is that even a question? Grab as much as you fit in that backpack of yours! Mostly the chocolates though'.

I took as much chocolates as I can carry and placed in on the counter,  did another trip to get chips and energy drinks. "Would you like a bag?" The cashier asked. "Oh no thanks, I'll just put them in mine" I replied.

As quickly as I entered, I left. Making my way to base, where my sensei will be at. Being alert and alone at this quiet and deserted streets, Venom felt safe enough to come out of my shoulder and talk.

'Was it just us or was the cashier sort of stupid?'

"What do you mean?". I asked as I shuffled my bag so I can get a bag of chips since I started to feel a bit of pain.

'Like 'would you like a bag?' no bitch we'll just balance it on our fucking head!'

"Yeah? Well I thought he just wanted to make sure if we wanted one or if we were going to use our own".

I lightly chuckled and opened a bag of chips that I took out. I started eating it, and sharing it with venom. All while being alert of my surrounding. I always look around before crossing the streets and turning corners. I also would just listen in case someone was being robbed.

Noticing that I was close by the base I stopped and looked around before going in the usual ally way and start climbing up the ladder on the side of one of the buildings. When I reached to top I surveyed the roof tops.

With a groan and a stretch I crumpled the bag and throw it of the roof and into an open dumpster that was usually open. "Okay Venom, let's look for Sensei". After letting venom take over we headed towards an abandoned warehouse that Sensei wanted to meet up.

When we arrived, I found him hunched over in the shadows. "Took you long enough little brat". He greeted with a wicked smile. Sensei was a skinny yet muscular man that wore a long red scarf along was a mask covering his upper part of his face, yet holes for him to see. He was covered in bandages and used swords/katannas in his battles.

"Yeah yeah good to see ya too. Ya old crook" "Now that you're here we need to discuss something" he said as he started to walk inside, we followed him in.

He lead us to the second floor where there was a room where we planned to balance our world. In the middle of the room was a map on the table, on the back was a board with pictures of thousands of heroes that we have either taken out or plan to.

"Venom, my child, I'm afraid you'll have to be solo for a while" he said. "Wait...... I'm sorry come again?" "We need to seperate ourselves for a while. You see I'm being hunted down and usually the cops and fake heroes are never close to finding us both out. However, a little faker told me that the cops are suspecting two in this team".

"So what you planning?" "You and I need to take turns, you can take cleansing nights from Fridays to Sunday, I'll take the rest". " Wait that's unfair! We need at least one more night!". Sensei comes close and flicks our head making us lightly growl.

"Stop being greedy, this is one plan to protect you. I'll text you tomorrow night which areas to stay clear from starting next week. As I've probably already did a kill or two - or plan on doing a killing.".

With a sigh we nodded and crossed our arms looking away. "But hey! Why don't we balance our world together two more nights before we split!".

That's caused us to smile widely...

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BE-CRASH! *

I groaned as I hurt my hand on the clock. I sat up, groaned and stretched and ready to start a new day.

'Six? Huh, I've got time' I thought as I grabbed a nearby towel and headed to the bathroom.

After having a shower, getting ready and eating a big breakfast because Venom 'woke up' and was hungry. I was finally ready to head out.

I took one last glance at a picture I had of my parents, and with a determined smile, I left for school.

'Think mom and dad are watching over us?'

"I hope they are, even if what we are doing is a 50/50 thing, they are proud. Proud that we are not letting some high and mighty fake heroes push us weak quirkless peeps around. After all, we are balancing our world".

(A/N): AHHHHH, I AM NOT TIRED AND HIGH SCHOOL IS A PAIN IN THE AS- Okay! Let's be honest here, I'm not  updating the books as much as I should or at least do. I know this is getting old but school is messy, as well as personal problems. Nowadays I mostly read, and have a bit of an issue of the flow of my story on rwby, but I'm getting there.

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think!