ONE

chapter one
Sienna Annalise Davis
Friday 2:09pm

February 2023

How many really know what love is?
Millions never will
Do you know until you lose it?
That it's everything that we are looking for
When I wake up in the morning
And you're beside me
I'm so thankful that I found
Everything that I've been looking for

"I don't wanna forget the present is a gift and I don't wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me" I lowly sung along with the song playing from my speakers before taking another shot.

Hearing a knock on the door I pushed the bottle of Hennessy to the side and wiped my face quickly before walking over to the front door.

Stumbling a little I finally made it to the door without falling. Looking out the peephole and realizing who it was I sighed before finally pulling the door open.

"You weren't answering my calls" My bestfriend Keonna frowned pushing past me.

Excuse me?

"What are you doing here?" I questioned her running my hand down my face.

"Are you drunk?" She squinted her eyes at me after grabbing the half drunken bottle of Henny.

I simply grabbed it from her trying to avoid the conversation that I already knew she came to have. Picking up my glass I sighed and made my way back to the living room.

"Did you want a cup?" I looked up at her as she stood over me staring. "I'll take that as a no" I mumbled before popping it open and pouring some in my glass for what felt like the tenth time today.

Staring at the bottle of henny I chuckled and popped the lid off once again and tossed my head back taking a gulp before finally sitting it down on the table.

"Si-" Keonna started before I cut her off, I already knew what was coming next, again i'd rather avoid the conversation as a whole , I just don't want to hear it right now.

"Kee not now please" I sniffed pulling my knees up to my chest and grabbing my glass.  "I'm over it okay there's no need to talk about it"

"You are literally sitting in my face crying and trying to claim that you're okay" she sighed and sat next to me on the couch. "Sienna man I know he hurt you but look at the hold he had over you It was time, I know it's not gonna be easy it never is but drinking the hurt away everyday won't do anything to help you man." she continued talking. 

I met Keonna when we were in the eighth grade when she smacked my brother on the basketball court because he apparently cheated on her with some girl in his grade during his Sophomore year in high school.

I always knew who she was because we were from the same neighborhood but I never really spoke to her since she was 'out there'. We were two completely different people back then, up until we became friends and she helped me come out of my shell. Honestly without her i'd probably be somewhere being a push over like I was before I met her.

After that incident between them two at the basketball court he tried to make me fight her but since I was soft spoken and reserved then I didn't want to, I never had to fight back then so I honestly didn't know how to.