17

"Tobias your fourteen years old so your opinion is needed. Which parent do you feel is more capable to provide the care you need?" The judge asked the teen boy.

"Truthfully my father is the only parent I've ever known. Up until my father married my ma he was all I had. So I pick my father." Toby answered honestly.

-

"So you'll be back home before your fifteenth birthday. Stay out of trouble Toby or else it could cause a hassle." The lawyer walked off taking a call.

Dawson hugged him. "Be good love. Just a week before you can come home."

-

Tommy and Addie took the group to a diner. They decided to get lunch on the Saturday before Toby's birthday.

Tommy and Purpled slid into the booth with Toby and Ranboo across from them. Addie pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Our treat Birthday boy." Tommy said putting the menu in the middle of the table.

"You don't have to I can pay for myself." Toby started feeling flustered.

"It's okay. We got it Toby." Addie said patting his arm.

The group ordered their meals. While they waited they talked about everything and nothing.

"Okay I have a club burger, a house salad, our home style smash burger, chicken strips, and a blt." The waitress placed the red baskets in front of the teens. "I also heard we have a birthday boy. So we brought over a vanilla shake on the house." She set the cup down.

-

The group walked to their usual park to sit under a tree.

Four of the five shouted the song my Bruno Mars at the tall blond.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Tommy shouted gently shoving his friend.

The group busted into laughter as they began sitting on the grass.

Toby looked around. He wanted to stay in this moment forever.

:)-----------------------------------(:

I figured y'all could use a cute filler chapter after all of the angst.