Chapter 13. The Wedding

They wanted a small wedding. They had planned for a small wedding. Instead, it was anything but. Their friends could not stop talking about it and word got around that Brent Jaggers, superstar NFL player, and Cathy Sanova the most predominant, businesswoman in the city were getting married and all the stars would be there. They suddenly found themselves overwhelmed with top-of-the-line retailers and fashion designers giving them free gifts. Everyone wanted to be a part of the wedding, to be seen and acknowledged once the media found out about them.

"I cannot believe this!" Cathy said as she stood in the mirror wearing the wedding dress that was forced on her by Vera Wang, personally.

"Oh honey," her mother cried. "You look so beautiful!" She clasped her hands together in excitement.

"Mom, I didn't want a glamorous wedding. We discussed this. You were the main person who went around telling everyone! The news people are outside interviewing all my friends as they come to the church. We're on TV for goodness sake! They even got a red carpet outside."

"Well, honey, it's not my fault you got such successful famous friends," Mrs. Sanova shrugged nonchalantly. "Stop letting it get to you. This is your wedding day. It's supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Just enjoy it honey. Brent doesn't mind at all."

Cathy sighed. Her mother was right. She shouldn't be upset. She was about to marry her first love, the only man she had ever loved, not too many people got the chance to meet their soul mate, let alone marry them. And she had to admit, she loved her wedding dress.

Outside the church...

"And here comes Nadia Britona formerly known as Shenequa Cobbs, one of the world's most top international models. Her face and very hot body I might say has appeared everywhere, from Victoria Secrets to every billboard in the world. Nadia, tell us why you change your name?" An eager young reporter stood with her microphone close to the supermodel's lips.

"Well, I felt a name like Shenequa was holding me back, that was the old me, the small-town girl still struggling to make a name for herself and now I've reached the point where I actually HAVE made my very own name for myself!" Shenequa let out a snooty laugh as she slung her golden-brown hair back.

"Well, you certainly have Ms. Britona. How does it feel to be the most sought after model in the country?"

"It feels fantastic, the dream I've always wanted to live."

"And how do you feel about Cathy Sanova and Brent Jaggers getting married today?"

"Well, Cathy and I have always been close... like sisters!" Shenequa lied. "And I used to date, Brent back in our college days, but he was just too much of a jock for me, so I practically gave him to Cathy. I'm very happy for the both of them."

"That's just fantastic! It's very touching that you've manage to still keep in touch as busy as you are flying around the world."

"Yes," Shenequa said sounding slightly bored. She posed expertly for the cameramen as they snapped her picture, then grabbed the arm of her latest boy toy and walked into the church.

Kiara was next to end up on the red carpet. She looked around in confusion. "What the..."

"Kiara Wayne! Everyone!" The reporter rushed to her. "Another famous face to grace our sights. Kiara, tell us about your latest best-seller."

"I can't talk right now, I'm late as it is! Why are you people here? My cousin didn't want this!"

"Just as sassy as ever," the reporter let out an embarrassed laugh, "just like her books. Kiara, tell us about your relationship with Cathy Sanova and Brent Jaggers. Are you simply ecstatic about this day?"