Chapter 15

Hello! Araina here! So, IPL has started! 💃💃My bids are on the Punjab Kings👳‍♀️👲! Loved the way boys batted; even though the bowling and fielding side is yet to reach their full potential...Also, loved Sanju Samson! Well scored century. I've always been a fan of his game 🥰 What's your bid?

Think carefully while reading this short character 😊

//////////////////

'What?' My brother's voice echoed all over the house. 'And you took that decision without consulting any of us?'

I looked at him surprised. Never in my life had I expected Rahul to burst this way after listening to my recruitment as the Physio of an IPL team!

I shook my head trying to explain him. 'Rahul, It was proposed just today and it wasn't just me. In fact, Khushed and ..'

'I do not care about anyone else, Esh! You...You are barely 20 and you think it's okay for us to allow you to hang out with a cricket team and lodge and stay with people you barely know!' Rahul said authoritatively.

I frowned. First off, I'm 21 and secondly,

'Rahul, I told you not to worry about that. Remember, I told you I'd be going for the Kings Eleven!' I explained calmly.

'No way! You are going nowhere near Kings Eleven!' Rahul said loudly  almost making me gasp in shock. 'You aren't going anywhere to be a Physio. You have to Mumbai, you wanted to pursue your dream in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, you got it. That's really good but that doesn't mean, they can impose anything on you. You got to have an opinion too.' Rahul said now pacing himself to the other side of the room.

'And I said yes.' I replied. 'Rahul, I don't understand why are you reacting so much about it! It's not like I have never stayed without you all ever! I had my school days, my college days, my
..ugh!' I questioned now feeling irritated.

Rahul looked at me with annoyance. 'Oh! You really forgot about the days mom and Dad decided to change Bhavna's school just so that she could be at the same school as yours to take care of you. And we also didn't send you to your college till Uncle Rathan clarified that his daughter Shriya was also joining. And in here, we only allowed you to take up this job because I stay here.' He said like I was a 3 years old naive prone to getting lost in the crowd.

What's wrong with him?

'Now, be quiet. I guess I have Mr. Raman's number. If I request him, he will understand...' Rahul said picking up his phone and scrolling through the contacts.

That made me so so so angry.

'Stop this Rahul. I'm not a kid anymore. Seriously! You barely talked with me all these days. I went to my hospital alone, ate alone, slept before you came back and now, you feel like I need a guardian or someone to protect me. You are such a hypocrite!' I didn't know how that word slipped off my mouth.

Rahul dropped his phone and looked at me wide-eyed.

'Oh! So, this is what you've learnt by doing things alone? Talking to your elder brother this way?' He fumed in anger as I shook my head in nervousness.

'Rahul, I didn't mean...'

'And who's teaching you this? Your new friend Kavya? Of course, you don't need anyone's suggestion now. You are an independent, strong lady and I...I am a hypocrite, right?' He said with a mix of anger and sadness in his tone.