Chapter 3

While the whole family at Mangaluru were shocked upon receiving the ominous news about the some trash bollywood talk show controversy, they had no idea what was going on at the other side of the world. While a very principled K.N. Lokesh though his out-of-hand son was now all stripped off his principles and had the audacity to decline the calls from his family, Rahul was now sitting with his best friend Hardik at some remote part of Marine Drive, both pulling their hoodies enough to veil their faces from the mass and thinking about how their lives changed since last 24 hours.

Rahul didn't burst out crying only because he thought he was a man. Just as the news hit the Tv, Rahul's immediate regret was that he let his family down. The desire for this sudden fame and his consequent decision to attend KWK was the biggest mistake he ever made. Both of them were young and they never thought that BCCI could be so hard on its rules. Besides, it wasn't that no other cricketer ever attended a talk show! Rahul's career was in jeopardy, he didn't what future held for him but the only thing he cared was how he must've hurt his family!

Hardik, on the other hand, was less bothered about reputation and values. He was asked few questions and he seemed answer those honestly, as simple as that. He has seen bollywood stars speak worse in that show but nobody called them those bad names! Hardik's only concern was the impact of the show on his career and of course, his friends too.

' 48 missed calls in total. I don't know how long will I be able to do this Harry! And people are continuously posting trash on Twitter. Dad must be seeing these things.' an ashamed Rahul said.

Hardik raised his eyebrow. 'Rahul..man..I really don't understand why aren't you receiving their calls. Moreover, the way you are checking the feeds continuously, they must've already seen you online!' Hardik said.

'Of course, they did.' Rahul sighed. 'Bhavna and Esh has been sending me messages too. But, I got no strength to read them. I..I..just feel so..'

'Oh shut up man! I really understand why people are treating us like we fucking murdered someone and why on earth are you feeling guilty? Those comments were all made by me and you just seemed to be with me at that time. That's it.' Hardik tried to explain his friend from his perspective.

'It's not that Harry! It's not about you or me. Both of us made the mistake to walk to that stupid show without taking permission from the authority. We are definitely going to get penalized for that. moreover, I said something that was even more offensive that everything you said comb ined.' Rahul said trying to get rid of the burden in his chest.

'Which one?' Hardik asked genuinely confused. All he knew was Rahul was that 'good boy' who would barely use the word 'fuck' once a month. So, thinking about Rahul being more offensive was really confusing to him. But, then he recalled. 'Oh..that one!' Hardik chuckled.

'You really think the media is gonna focus on that after all the juice they got from my comments?' he said what he realized about the Indian media for all these years. 'Misogynist, Sexist, Racist...those were all appreciations for me. So, chill you're gonna pass through.' Hardik consoled a very nervous Rahul. 'The only problem is that media caught Ellie in their grasp and now she's talking all stupid as usual. I called her and asked her not to be too evident but..'

'Ellie! Wait! You're still in touch with her! I thought you two were over long ago!' Rahul asked surprised.

Hardik yawned. 'Yeah right. But, she's still in that crazy illusion that we are going to get back together. Silly girl!' Hardik shrugged.

Rahul couldn't believe Hardik's dealing with women. Like every straight guy, Rahul too desires ample amount of attention from the opposite sex, but definitely not in a way Hardik does it. At times, he feels jealous of Hardik's popularity amongst women but then he realizes he is a good boy. 'Does Natasha know about Elli'e illusion?' Rahul asked crossing his arms on his chest.