Chapter 7

"Uhm, well" Archie mumbles "I— I would ask you out but I think you have someone else now who takes you out on dates" Archie chuckles. His eyes wander from Veronica to the little baby in front of her chest and back to Veronica.

"Yes, I mean no... well it's complicated but if you want we can have lunch together and I'll explain"

Archie smirks. "Sounds good Ronnie. Is tomorrow okay or too spontaneous?"

"Tomorrow is good" Veronica smiles. She feels her little girl starting to move and whine so she bounces her up and down and runs her fingers through her dark wavy hair. "You can give me your number so I can text you my address" Veronica says as she tries to get her phone out of her purses while calming her daughter. She hands it to Archie and he quickly types in his number. As he hands her the phone back his eyes linger on the baby. Veronica turns a little so he can see her face. "This is Leah"

"Hi Leah" he smiles "you look just like your mommy" He hesitatingly places his hand on her head and softly runs his thumb along her hairline.
"She's adorable"

"Thanks" Veronica giggles "she's all mine" she continues knowing exactly that she's taking to her baby's father.

Their conversation is interrupted by Joshua running back, finally with some cheese in his hands. He places it in the cart and then walks to Veronica. "Mommy what else do we need?"

"Uhm I'll see you tomorrow" Archie whispers.

"Yeah, bye" she smiles.

Archie runs his hand over Leah's head one last time before he walks away.

"Who was that mommy?" Joshua asks.

"An old friend. We'll have lunch tomorrow so you two will go to abuelo and abuelita. Is that okay?"

"Mhm" he nods

"You have to take good care of your sissy. It won't be long. Just for a few hours"

"Okay mommy"

•••

Veronica runs her fingers through her hair one last time before she opens the door. She wears her favorite summer dress. It's a dark blue one with little daisies on his. She thinks it looks cute and she can hide the tiny little bump Leah so kindly left. Veronica simply doesn't have the time to work out like she used to but she doesn't really mind. She loves her kids and some day she might look like she did before she was a mom.
Her hair is curled and her makeup is simple but beautiful.

"Hi" she smiles at the redhead.

"Hi Veronica. You look beautiful" he says as he holds a rose towards her.

"Thank you" Her cheeks blush. She takes the flower from him and smells it before she looks at him. He wears a light blue dress shirt and a pair of jeans.
His hazel brown eyes shine.

"Are you ready?" he asks

"Yeah, let me just put the rose into a vase" she smiles as she already turns to walk into the kitchen. She gets a vase, lets water run into it and puts the flowers in it before she walks back to Archie. "Okay lets go"

He chuckles and reaches for her hand but quickly pulls away. It's probably a little too soon for hand holding.

•••