Chapter 12

A wide smile sits on Veronica's lips as she opens the door. Archie stands in front of her in jeans and a light blue dress shirt. In his hands he holds a bouquet of roses. This reminds her of the day he first came to meet Leah.

Archie's cheek blush when he sees Veronica. She wears a dark blue dress and black heels. Her hair is straight and not wavy as usual. Her eyeshadow matches the color of her dress, her cheeks have very light tint of pink on them and her lips are maroon red.

"Hi" she grins.

"Hello pretty lady. You look gorgeous" he says before he wraps his free arms around her waist and kisses her cheek.

"Thank you but what was that?" she asks and points to her cheek. "Can we do this again?"

Archie blushes deeply. "I'm sorry" he takes a deep breath and then smiles. "Hello pretty lady. You look gorgeous" With the arm that's still around her he pulls her against his chest and kisses her lips. "Better?" he whispers.

"Mhm" she giggles. "And thank you for your sweet words. You look really handsome in your dress shirt"

"I'm glad you like it because I tried my best to impress you"

Veronica giggles again. She pulls away, grabs his hand and pulls him into her apartment.

"The roses are for you"

"I assumed"

Archie stops walking and pulls her against his chest again. She looks up with a smirk on his face.

"You're hot when you're confident"

"Thanks" she grins. "You're too with all this" she says and runs her fingers up and down his muscular arms and then down his chest to his stomach. As he leans in to kiss her again, she pushes his face away with a smirk on her lips. She turn around and walks into kitchen. To reach her favorite vase in the cupboard in the kitchen she needs to get on her tiptoes. She lets water run into it and then places it on the kitchen counter. Archie hands her the roses and wraps his arms around her waist from behind as she puts the flowers into the vase.

"They're really pretty, thank you"

"Only the best for you"

Veronica tilts her head and places a soft kiss to his jaw. "Can we go? I'm hungry"

"Me too, let's go"

Veronica grabs her purse from the kitchen counter and then takes Archie's hand. They intertwine their fingers before they walk outside the apartment.

•••

When Veronica and Archie walk to the garden of the restaurant, still holding hands, a big smile grows on Veronica's face. There is one table a little aside from the rest with rose petals, fairy lights and some candles around it.

"Wow this is so beautiful. How did you do this?" she beams.

"I came here yesterday and told the owner about the beautiful girl I'm going out with and I asked him to do this"

"Really?"

"No" Archie chuckles "my mom is friends with the owner. I did tell him about you and our date though and he promised me to do something special"

"This is so beautiful, very romantic. Thank you"

"Of course, I want to impress you"

"I am impressed" she giggles. "I don't think anyone has ever put so much afford into a date with me. Especially not the first date"