Chapter One: Petals

"Guys, wait up!" Rin called to Haru and the rest of the Iwatobi swim club. Haru turned around, smiling, slowing down to a halt.
"Haru, we're going to be late..." Rei muttered, his voice trailing away. He pushed his glasses up, sighing.
"Rei. Leave him." Makoto whispered firmly, in a hoarse but quite angry tone. They continued walking.
"Haru-Chan and Rin-Chan like to be alone," Nagisa explained. He rambled on, dancing as they walked.

Haru waited for them to turn around the corner, and then ran up to Rin. Once they were out of sight, Haru threw his body onto Rin. Rin could only just maintain his stance.
"Rin, I missed you," Haru said, gripping Rin's back tightly, digging his nails in. He buried his head into Rin's neck. Rin nibbled Haru's ear. His breath was warm on Haru's neck. It made the hairs on his neck stand up. It gave him a calm, yet exhilarating feeling inside.

"H-hey, I missed you too-" Rin said, savouring the moment. He held him close.
"If someone sees us, they could tell Iwatobi... I don't want to lose you. You haven't told anyone... Have you?"
Haru shook his head.
"Good," he said, pushing him off of his chest.
"Rin, what was that for?" Haru murmured.
"I told you, nobody can find out about this. Nobody."

Haru took a step back, gesturing him to follow.
"Haru, don't you have to go?"
"No. Not yet anyway."
Rin sighed, smiling. Haru grabbed his hand and pulled him along until they arrived somewhere.

It was a lake. A beautiful lake surrounded by cherry blossom trees.
"Sakura.. Haru.. It's beautiful," Rin smiled. "And- and there's Sakura petals floating on the water too! Haru, it's a pool of cherry blossom petals!"
Haru grinned.
"I knew you'd like it."
The lake was clearly unknown about, making it their own.

Straight away, Haru dived into the lake. There were ripples surrounding him.
"Rin, join me."
"Only if..." He paused. "Only if you race me."
Haru's eyes glinted and Rin grinned.
"Sure."
"The swimming style?" Rin asked. He was expecting the same reply.
"Oh Rin.." He sniggered. "I, only swim free."