Chapter 1

I looked over the hunters journal I had received a few days back as a gift from the group. The older members said it was essential that we keep all of our encounters and findings on file for the future generations to learn from. It wasn't that long ago, I was that future generation. I guess when I turned 18, I became part of the old crowd. It was not unusual at all though, age wasn't a issue when it came to our line of work, when they felt you were ready for real combat then you were, some of our strongest fighters have been 13 years old.
You don't want to underestimate any one at any age, they could drop kick and stake a vamp faster then some of us older Hunters. I turned the book to the side and found my name had been hand carved into it.

~Nikita~

I flipped through the blank pages and opened it up, when I found the page I was to write in first,. I stood there for what felt like hours trying to think of the best things to put in here, but couldn't so I took a breath and pushed to pen to the book and wrote the first things that came to mind.

I never was much for writing down the things I have done, or how I felt, like most of the other teenage girls with there diaries that they would hide from there nosey brothers..
I didn't have a nosey brother, or any brotbers, just a little sister who just turned 15 a few weeks back. It's just been me and Vicki for 10 years now. Our parents both slain while on a vampire nest extermination. Little did they know the vampires knew they were coming and planned ahead. It was a ambush. A lot of this group lost love ones that night, it was horrible! Since then I have been very protective over Vicki, even though I knew I didn't need to. She was so brave, and was also very strong for being as petite and good natured as she is and was.

Am I doing this right? Should I be writing about me instead of my family? I thought to myself.

Anyway my name is
Nikida Delare. but my fellow hunters call me Nikki. I have been a hunter in on the front lines for four years now. I have hunted many different kinds of beings in just my short four years in the field. Slayed myself a few warlocks and witches, staked and beheaded countless werewolves and vampires, and other more unpopular supernatural beings that TV hasn't got a hold of yet. We move around the Country looking for signs, most common involve human sacrifices, or mysterious deaths that involve being drained of blood or organs completely.

There are other groups out there like us, lots of them. Hunters are much like werewolves in a way. We stay in a pack. We like to stick together. We get a feeling in the pit of our stomach when one of us is hurt, scared or dying. We are oddly connected like that, not by blood. But more on a spiritual level. We do possess somewhat of supernatural powers which if you get technical about it kind of makes us hypocritical, do to the fact that we hunt the supernatural our selfs.

We are faster stronger and more aware or our senses then people are. We can sense evil from miles away and are very good at going unnoticed.

In all the books and movies I watched, girls like me are always complaining how hard they have it, and how they wish they had a normal life. But even after everything... even my parents, I still wanted to do it. I save lives everyday, so those humans can go on and enjoy there life hopefully without ever knowing what evil lurks in the dark. That's what I do.

Just then Vicki poked her head in my tent with a smile, her curly blonde locks and light blue eyes shaping her face in a beautiful way that always reminded me so much of mom.

"Come on sis, we are going out again."

***
Hi guys! Always wanted to write a vampire story so here it is! Will updated regularly! Please Vote and comment your thoughts!