Chapter One

The day is a fairly normal one at -Censored Name For Safety Reasons- county High.

It's chilly in the unnecessarily large school, per usual, and everyone has had overall shitty days 'till now.

However, things are starting to look up for a particular group of eight students as the clock strikes 11 something and they all begin to settle into their respective seats.

...

The students of fifth period drama one wait patiently for the bell to ring whilst carrying on with their normal activities at this time of day.

Aka : talking with one another and overall accomplishing nothing aside from decreasing one another's will to live.

Smiles hang on the lips of most, while others wear disappointed frowns and scowls as they listen to Logan go on yet another rant about Logic.

"I'm telling you!" The shorter framed boy with a concerning amount of cake breathes out whilst throwing up his arms. "Logic is hands down the best rapper out there! His music really speaks to me AND he's sexy."

Scoffs escape the other students in the class as most have grown tired of the daily conversation they all tend to have with Logan.

"This again? Really???" Alexis groans, dropping her head into her folded arms.

"It's honestly starting to seem like an obsession." Toby snorts, earning several hums of agreement from the others.

"Starting!?" Grace scoffs in disbelief. "Bestie has BEEN obsessed."

"I think we are all tired of the Logic fanatic here." Ethan sighs, setting his gaze across the room on his long time friend and watching as his brows crease in offense.

"You act like he's all I talk about!" Logan cries out, feeling a bit embarrassed as he casts his gaze away from the others.

Chuckles and amused smirks resonate on the lips of all those in the class as the conversation shifts yet again and the focus leaves Logan.

Meanwhile, one specific person finds his attention on the boy unwavering.

Ethan eyes his friend admirably, secretly loving his burning passion for Logic.

Truthfully, the way he speaks so avidly about the artist touches Ethan in such an unexplainable way.

Maybe it's the sparkle he holds in his eyes, or the way his voice shifts up about five octaves when he grows defensive of the 31 year old man.

He's not sure, but one thing he knows for certain is that he badly wishes Logan would speak of him in such a way...

Sighing behind his mask, Ethan swallows the urge to apologize for his pervious statement to Logan, knowing it would blow his cover to all the others in the room.

Instead, he twiddles his thumb beneath his desk totally unaware of Logan's regret of bringing Logic up yet again.

While he does love the man more than life itself, Logan has a secret he's been hiding for a while now.

He also loves his best friend Ethan.

He feels horribly when he thinks he's bothered him and so, while it's become a habit, he silently scolds himself for talking about the man he's made his friend come to loathe so greatly.

'I just wish he'd love me the way I love Logic...'  Logan thinks to himself, sighing inwardly as he hears the classroom door click shut.

All eyes now pan over to the door questionably as the conversations die down and are replaced by the familiar voice of their drama teacher.

"Alright my little ducklings, let's start class shall we?" Mrs. Bowden hums out to her students as she briskly makes her way over to her desk.

"Yes please," Jesus chimes, a relived tone accompanying his words. "that'll keep Logan from ranting some more."

Mrs. B chuckles, knowing good and well what it is the boy was most likely ranting about and brushing past it with a mere disappointed shake of her head.

"I've got to take attendance real quick, then we'll go to the pack for the duration of class. I've got some things to sort out for Godspell."

"Sounds great," Alyssa smiles, clasping her hands together as she and the others can all easily agree going to the auditorium is a lot of fun.

Logan and Ethan especially love the time it allows them to spend with one another.

...

Lately, Ethan has considered confessing to Logan. It's been on his mind a lot and quite honestly it's all he's been able to think about.

'Maybe,' he thinks 'I'll get the chance to confess today...'

It's a good idea, and probably his only chance to get to speak with him alone at school, though the thought of coming clean easily racks his nerves.

Glancing up from his twirling thumbs, Ethan dares to sneak a peak at Logan only to make direct eye contact with the boy.

His eyes widen at first, shocked and slightly startled. However, when Logan's eyes crease at the corners and he briefly winks at the boy, his nerves ease ever so slightly.

Ethan winks back, jokingly of course, though he secretly blushes behind his mask wishing their was more to the gesture aside from playful banter .

'Yes.' He silently decides. 'Today is the day I come clean.'

"Alright kiddos!" Mrs. B stands from her desk with paper towels and disinfectant spray tucked beneath her arm. "Let's sanitize and get going!"

As the students stand excitedly at this and begin to gather their bags. Meanwhile, Ethan's stomach inevitably ties its self into knots.

'I can do this...I can do this...'

He reassures himself, nibbling on his bottom lip as he tries to keep his calm.

"Today is the day..."

...

-To Be Continued-