Prologue

Hi guys! I don't own the show Emergency! or any of the characters other than my OC and any characters I make or plotlines that I come up with, and that I am just writing this for fun as well as to improve my writing. But the others belong to the rightful owners/creators! Also, I know this story has issues (Lots of issues) but once I finish this story, I will unpublish it and it will undergo extensive editing, possibly even a rewrite. This story is also on my fanfiction.net account as well as my AO3 account under the same title. I also know that this prologue doesn't have anything to do with the show, but the next chapter does somewhat so please bear with me. Again, I am just writing this story for fun. 

Prologue:

I was watching tv at an ungodly hour in the night, deciding to take a walk for a while. I packed a backpack with a blanket, my copy of little women and A Tale of Two cities, a flashlight, a sweatshirt from my university with its logo on it to go over my stranger things t shirt and grabbed my water and a travel sized pillow. I wanted to find a secluded place where I could just sit and relax, watch the stars, and read beneath the moonlight. I was a college student, halfway through my years there, and ready to be free, but not quite ready to leave. I wanted to live in the moment and let life lead me where it may. I liked watching both new and old tv shows, but I loved reading most of all because it was my safe haven when I've had a bad day or just needed to lose myself in words.

I needed some space, so I left my house under the cover of darkness and hadn't woken up any of my family members: namely, my parents, my two older brothers, who are 25 and 23, and my younger sister, who is 3 years younger than me. I'm 20. My name is Katerina, and I didn't expect to be back in a time other than my own. My life has always been normal, until it wasn't. I was a girl out of time.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's backtrack a bit:

After I grabbed the necessities I needed for my night of looking up to the sky, and reading beneath the stars, I set out at a slow pace on my lane, hearing the noise of cars swoosh past on the road beneath mine, a light breeze stirring up and rising to brush hair away from my face as I turn down into a stretch of woods I know well, to find a clearing that would be perfect for my little adventure. I was thinking about my life over the past year and I'm really happy with what major I decided: English Lit. I wanted to be an author and create amazing stories for people, and I feel so glad about what I chose.

I kept walking along the dirt path under the cover of the foliage, but had my flashlight out just in case, because you never know what could be lurking in the woods at this hour. I could see various pairs of eyes, and the occasional deer and rabbit, when a loud noise startled me. It sounded like a crack of wood, and I felt like I jumped sky high when in reality it wasn't only a few inches. My heart was still pounding but I just laughed at myself and settled down once I got to the clearing, I remembered.

I didn't plan on staying out here for long, since I needed to get back and sleep. But before I could settle in for a while, I heard that sharp crack of something breaking in the woods again. I got up slowly, flashlight in hand, my backpack still on my shoulders with my phone inside in case I needed to call for help. There were still cell phone towers close by, so I still had service, thank goodness. I walked slowly and with extreme caution, flashlight in hand again, and stepped over any twigs or sticks I saw that would alert something, or someone, to my position. I apparently didn't look where I was going at that moment and slipped down into a not so shallow ravine close to the trail, cracked my head hard off a tree limb, and was out like a light.