chapter 3

Bethony was posing for me while I took snap shots of the forest. I got quite a few good ones. I forgot how good it was to hold a camera in my hands again and to have the scenery in view.

We were recently in a meadow of flowers and Bethony was sitting in the grass looking too her right flirtaciously. I took a shot of it and then the scenery around me.

When I out it back down I smiled at the beauty of this place.

"Its so beautiful." I breath out.

Bethony appears next to me all giddy like and says. "I know. I finally have someone to come out here with me. " she squeals and twirls around. I took a picture of that sense it was a moment and she would like it. She then stops abruptly and turns to me with a scowl on her face.

"What?" I ask. She then holds out her hand and motions with her head at my camera. "Oh no you don't. You cannot take my camera. " I shake my head.

She roles her eyes. "Let me take some pictures of you in here. You look beautiful as well. More hipster but beautiful. And you need memories with you in it."

I stand there stubbernly. So she took it from me. She then directs me to a tree and then puts me into a pose. I was to have one arm on the tree and my back arched a little to the side so my hip was out. A serious face yet clueless looking to the left. The other arms is just suppose to lay loosely at my side. She then took pictures. Then ordered me to sit in the grass and to come up with my own idea.

I shrug and think. Then I lift my arms in the air and look up as though letting the sun kiss my face. I had a smile on my face and had my legs crossed. Chest out.

She took a picture of that and then smiled."  That was perfect!" She chirped.

"Bethony come see!" I call in a shocked gasp.

She came and looked at where I was pointing "wha-" I pulled her down and she fell next to me and we started laughing. She gave me the camera back and we played down. I took a picture of the sky that had the trees loom as though going into the sky. Then we just played there looking at the sky and pointing out the different shapes and objects in the sky from the clouds.

Then we heard a long howl. We tensed and it sounded too close for us to make a run for it. "Stay still." I whisper to Bethony. She nods and stays as still as a stick. When the howl came again it sounded distant. That's when I grabbed Bethony's hand and ran.

But we were getting farther away from the house.  I heard something growl not to far away. "Climb that tree." I tell her. She nods and does as I ask. When I assure she is safe I climb the nearest tree.

As soon as I get comfortable a pack of wolves run under me. And they were inhumanly huge. When they pass by I hear Bethony gasp. Oh no.

Most have gone by except for one. He sniffs closer to her tree. No no no! I throw a picone at him and he quickly turns around looking up. I sink more into the shadows of the tree. I was having a hard time to not breath sense my heart was pounding in my chest.  I slowly seen the wolf look directly at me but when another wolf came up he looked back at the other tree and then at mine but then oddly left.

I let out a long breath and close my eyes. But open them quickly when I hear a thud. I look over to Bethany's tree but she was now on the ground. Passed out.

Quickly I jump from my tree and run to her. I bring her head onto my lap and when I pull my he and back to rub her hair out of her face I saw blood. Oh no. I started to shake her lightly calling out her name. She never woke. Tears were streaming down my face now. I tried picking her up but she was too heavy for my tiny body. I let out a frustrated cry.

"Ugh ! Girl what do you what!?" I say through gritted teeth. I then hear something snap behind me. I whirl my head around to see a huge wolf baring his teeth at me. I grab a huge stick that was near me and point it at the wolf. I swing like a maniac and the wolf's head shoots up and turns to the side in amusement.

What the actual fuck?

I still don't stop though. But when a whole pack show up and surround us. I knew I was out numbered. Looking back at Bethony I stand closer  to her. When I see her hand twitch my eyes go wide in hope. I fall on my knees next to here and pat her chin with her in my arms. "Bethony wake up. Please!" I cry and she twitches again.

A wolf comes up but I quickly grab my stick and swing at it. It jumps back and snarls at me.

"Stay. The. Fuck. Away. Canine!" I say through gritted teeth. I look back down at Bethony and my heart stood when I see her eyes open but wide and terrified. I reach into my shoe and find my pocket knife. Then something growls behind me and I feel its breath against my neck. And my hair flies forward slightly.

Without thinking I turn around and swing my arm stabbing the wolf behind me. That's when they all come at me. I kick and punch. And stab. One bites my calf. I scream in pain. Another bites my wrist and the knife falls out of my hand. And another goes and lunges at my waist and I cry out in pain. My vision starts to blur and then a loud booming growl comes from somewhere.

Bethony screams and I punch the other wolf on my waist and he let's go. The one on my wrist I bite back and clamp my jaw down. He whimpers and scuries away. I right hook the one on my calf and then I keep punching that one even more until he ran off. I hear the howl again. But I didn't care. I tried to get up to walk to Bethony but I fall back down. So I crawl to her instead. There was a wolf close by here with its teeth really close to her.

Sniffing her...? That's weird. But I didn't care. I was at her side in minutes and slapped the wolf away. He growled at me and I glared. But then there were black dots around my vision. Bethony was crying and I told her to close her eyes everything was going to be okay. But I knew it wasn't. We were as good as dead. Then everything went black. And i was gone. I silently thanked the wolves. Now I would be with my mother...