Everything is Okay

The spear made a satisfying whooshing sound as it spun in Alatus's hand. No matter how many times he had heard it before or would hear it again, he knew he would never tire of it.

"Stop showing off and kill them already!" Menogias shouted at him breathlessly, blasting a possessed hilichurl with a firebolt. "We get it, Alatus, you're good with a spear!"

Alatus vaulted off the point of his spear, using the momentum to turn into an aerial that crashed the hilichurl into the ground. The Anemo energy from the force of the blow spread the flames of Menogias's power, alighting both the grass and the hilichurls around him. He pushed himself up again, dashing quickly out of the way for Bosacius, who slammed the fire with a mighty electric shock. Overloaded pulses shot through the ground, further knocking back the hilichurls.

"Take the last hit!" Bosacius called up to him.

"Got it!" Alatus passed his hand over his face, feeling the familiar pressure of his mask press into his skin. Anemo power surged through him, and his eyes narrowed as he smiled, ignoring the sounds of soft whispers in his ears. He felt taller and stronger, swinging his jade spear more easily, moving faster with less exertion. Invincible.

His heartbeat sped up, and he flexed his fist. "Evil conquering!" He jumped high into the air, turning at the last moment to spin headfirst directly into the midst of the flames and electricity. Anemo energy shot up from the ground, tossing hilichurls left and right. Their bodies disintegrated, and Alatus straightened in satisfaction.

"Nice one!" Bosacius boomed, clapping a heavy hand onto Alatus's shoulder.

The extra strength from the mask kept Alatus from buckling under the weight. "Thank you." He shook his head, clearing the noise from his mind. The mask dusted away from his face, rematerializing as it always did on his right hip, and he wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

"One more incoming!" Bonanus warned sharply, hefting his broadsword into a swinging position. The power of Geo rippled the dirt under their feet, knocking the last attacking hilichurl onto its back.

Alatus laughed, shifting his feet with the motion of the earth. "I'll get him, Bonanus!" He whipped his spear into his hand, spinning it into the hilichurl with a whirlwind thrust. The hilichurl flew upwards from the impact, disintegrating upon its return to the ground.

"Well done!" Bonanus applauded him, shaking the surrounding mountains with the clapping sound. "It really does seem as though you are stronger every day."

"Hah!" Menogias flopped down onto the grass by the waterfall. "It's highly possible we are just slowing down, Banana. I'm feeling pretty old today."

"I asked that you please not call me that." Bonanus frowned.

She propped herself up on her elbows, smirking cheekily. "Which? Banana? Or old?"

"Either!"

Alatus laughed again, exhaling softly as the adrenaline slowly left his body. "It's okay, Bonanus! I don't think you're old."

The Geo yaksha lowered his massive frame beside Menogias on the grass, groaning loudly as his joints creaked into a seated position. "These bones beg to differ. Come here and press my shoulders, Alatus," he commanded, and Alatus was quick to obey.

"Getting too old for a claymore, are you?" Bosacius grinned, dropping onto his belly and stretching out. "Really, Alatus, I don't know what we would do without you."

Alatus drove his knuckles into Bonanus's ancient trapezius muscles, working to get the tension out. "You defended Jueyan Karst and the adepti for eons before I appeared. You would fight off demons perfectly, I'm sure!"