Goodbyes

Melanies POV

"Goodmorning Melanie," Gordon opens the door for me.

"Goodmorning Gordy," I cup his chin and smile. I slide on my sunglasses and flip the hair off of my shoulder. I unlock my car and get in, I drive to see a few buildings for the home of my record label. The first building I see is nice and spacious. Large, tall building at that.

"This building has 27 floors, windows, and 10 bathrooms on each floor," The real estate agent turns and looks at me. "Now paperwork,"

"How much are you going for?,"

"Half a million," I look around and picture stuidos, singers, producers walking around.

"I'll take it," she smiles.

"Great,"

**

"Mom!," I walk into the house and she is asleep with the twins in her arms. "Look who is always awake," I pick up Ariel. "The girl that never sleeps," I pick her up and she smiles. "Did you miss me?,"

"Ah!," she yells and I smile.

"I'll take that as a yes," I kiss her cheek.

"Oh Melanie, child you scared me," She sits up.

"Sorry mom," I hug her.

"Its alright," She hands me Logan.

"Were they any trouble?,"

"No they were fine, I got a call from your sister about he possibly getting out a little earlier,"

"Really, why didnt she call me?,"

"I dont know, but I asked her is she wanted the twins to see their father but-,"

"No momma I refuse," we mock her.

"Yeah I hear that a lot," I sigh. "It sucks that they will grow up without a father,"

"They have August,"

"I guess," she curls her lips.

"Arguing again? Yall cant hold a relationship for nothing,"

"August and I will have no more relationship. For real, we are done. Just friends, co-parents,"

"Why?,"

"I feel like we are pretending to love each other in that way. But we love each other but not love love," she looks at me confused. "Nevermind,"

"Yeah nevermind tell him all that," Logan lays his head on my shoulder and sucks on his thumb.

"Okay mom Im going to take them home and pick up the kids,"

"Alright baby I'll see you soon," I kiss her cheek goodbye and go to the kids' school.

"Mom lets go, we are going to be late for surf class,"

"What about soccer practice?," she sighs.

"I want to surf mom," India buckles her seatbelt.

"Then why did you sign up for soccer,"

"Mom we are not having this talk right now," She rolls her eyes.

"Oh you about to get popped," Adrian instigates.

"Thank you," I say to him.

"Mom now is not the time,"

"No you are about to get in there and go to soccer practice," She rolls her eyes and walks back inside the school. "Out of her damn mind," I drive off and go home.