Confronting Dad

Ariella POV

After getting out of the hospital, Sapphire and her parents took me under their wing. I was very glad to soon have a family. As promised I was going to go to see my dad today. Sapphire tried many times to change my mind. I still said no, I had to see him. Even though the past wasn't so bright, he's still my dad. I was in Sapphires room when I heard a knock on the door. I was left alone, because Eleanor and John have left for work.

Sapphire went to school. They told me to stay here because I was still injured. So I was basically an invalid. They gave me rules before they left. No answering the door, if using something electrical when done unplug it or turn it off. Keep the windows shut, also the blinds. When the knock came I knew what to do, but temptation set in.

I wanted to see who it was but I couldn't. It came again, I stayed put listening their rules. Eventually it stopped, when I thought no one was there. I listened to see if someone was there. I rested my head on the door using my advanced hearing to hear someone there. I heard loud and heavy foot steps, that I knew belonged to one person. My father.

I ran into Sapphire's room shut the door and locked it. I heard the door being knocked down. I was dead. My father would surely kill me, he would then clean the evidence, wipe my identity clean, and pretend I never existed. But what he didn't know, the Thorns suspected this would happen so they installed an alarm system. One so secret that only the social services knew about it. When someone broke in it would release a signal to the police, social services, and the Thorns.

I knew I was safe, but I had to hide. Either hide or get killed. I was weighing my options on the hiding. So I used my senses to feel around for any place to hide. Then it hit me, Sapphire said that there was a hole in her bed. When you were in the hole it was in place of the mattress foam. She made it in case when she was home alone, she could hide and no one could suspect she was there.

I knew my dad would be up here soon, now's my chance. I felt the comforter and lifted it, tucking my small body in the bed I lifted myself up in time to hear the door slam open. Luckily Saph's bed doesn't squeak.

"Ariella, I know your in here. Come out, or your punishment will be worse than before." I could hear his footsteps grow heavier, closer to the bed. I felt my dress fall down a bit, I couldn't move it or he would hear. I prayed he wouldn't notice. Too late he crawled under the bed and noticed it.

"Oh tried to hide! That's even more pain!" He said, pulling me down from the mattress onto the hard floor. I gasped in pain, I felt my head slightly ache. He pulled me out and kicked me in the stomach. I yelled in agony as pain races through my body. I felt my eyes shut for a moment. I was screaming and crying so loud that my dad punched my face to shut me up.

"Dad, please just listen to me." He then punched me again. Earning another black out.

"Why? You already said what you needed to say. If you ever run away again, I will surely kill you." Right then loud footsteps were heard.

"Adam Hart, you are under arrest. For abusing an innocent blind girl-"

"Ugh! Why does everybody think I'm so innocent!" I screamed, I knew my father was next to me so I kicked him in the groin. He screamed in pain and fell to the ground. Other footsteps were heard.

"Oh my God! Ariella! Are you okay!" I heard Sapphire join my side.

"Saph let me clean her up." Eleanor said, she started cleaning my wounds up with alcohol wipes. Which earned a few winces. I yelled in pain when she tried to see my head wound.

"Oh Ariella, honey your head is bleeding. Have you been experiencing and black outs?" Eleanor asked with concern.

"Yeah a little bit. Why?" I asked, I felt my self being lifted up.

"Be careful with her! She's my best friend!" Sapphire yelled.

"Don't worry Ms. Thorn, we'll take good care of her." A woman's voice was heard. Although it sounded strangely familiar. Then I knew exactly who it was. A voice I haven't heard in 16 years.

"Mom?"

Hey! I love surprises! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry I couldn't update a lot in the past two days I had things to do. Plus testing is tomorrow so wish me luck! I'll try to update all stories today! Bye!

~Olivia