chapter one

Keith disliked his brother's current boyfriend. He disliked how he had a key to their place. He disliked how often his brother would leave with his boyfriend. He disliked how when Curtis was there he seemed to disappear.

Be invisible.

Keith disliked that even more.

Keith disliked how Shiro tried to insert Curtis into their perfect little haven. Keith disliked every boy Shiro brought home that wasn't Adam.

Adam felt safe.

Curtis did not.

Keith hasn't seen Adam since he was 15.

5 years is a long time to miss a person knowing they don't miss you.

Adam left.

Everybody leaves.

Nobody sees the invisible boy who is slowly fading away.

┌─────━┿──┿━─────┐

└─────━┿──┿━─────┘

Keith wrenched himself out of another nightmare, feeling like absolute shit. Don't get it wrong, Keith always felt like absolute shit, but nights Curtis slept over were worse.

Curtis was a bad person, trying to steal his brother away from him, Keith had decided long ago.

He rolled out of his bed, slamming his hand down on his blaring alarm. He felt numb, going through the same routine day after day, night after night.

As he shuffled around his room, trying to figure out what was clean and what wasn't, he could hear muffled sounds of Curtis and Shiro arguing. A bitter part of him wanted to smile, enjoy the sounds of their relationship clashing.

A curious part wanted to know what made Shiro so pissed off, that he decided to yell.

Finally a clear sentence could be heard throughout the apartment.

"He leaves or I leave"

He leaves or I leave He leaves or I leave He leaves or I leave He leaves or I leave, echoed throughout Keith's head.

The

Silence

Was

Deafinating

Who also said those words, Keith thought, his stomach churning.

He clenched his fists together, enjoying the pain of his nails slicing through the palms of his hand. He felt his face grow hot as he felt the silence from their room grow.

He relaxed his palms with the sudden urge to get the fuck out of this apartment. Keith grabbed a plain red hoodie which looked like it had a suspicious coffee stain on it and hadn't been washed in a month. He yanked it on, grabbing some baggy jeans that had been torn apart from failed skating tricks. Keith didn't bother with socks, who was gonna notice anyway? He struggled to push his foot into vans that were being held together by duct tape and hopeful thinking.

Keith gave himself one last glare in the mirror, hating how deep his eye bags were and how pale his skin was. He swore he could see his veins. His pale skin made his snakebite lip piercing stand out even more. His pale skin and dark bags usually unnerved people. It wasn't his favorite feeling, knowing how people judged and stared at him, but by now he was used to it.

Keith licked his lips before pushing in his snake bite piercing. He remembered how mad Shiro had gotten when he came back home with a lip piercing. He had only been 14, but already a pain in his brother's ass.