everythings fine

me and madison go back in our room and i sit down on my bed, i take my shorts off and change into an oversized shirt. i yawn and madison walks over in one of my big t shirts. "looks good on you mads." i say and she smiles. she turns off the light and runs to the bed, she hops in and lays down in slowly in my arms.

"looks better on you, i just think it's comfortable and it smells like you." madison's says and i kiss her forehead. i put one hand in hers and wrap my other arm around her. i pull her close.

"i love you, you know that right-." madison says and i raise my eyebrows in shock. "i love you too." i whisper and she squeezes my hand and moves closer to me.
madison pulls the covers over us and i pull our hands out from the duvet. madison flips my hand over to my palm and spins her finger around it.
"you mean so much to me, i've always wanted to protect you.. i wanted you to know that." i say to her and she slips her fingers in-between my fingers and leans up to kiss me, i kiss her back and she lays back down on my chest.

"i'm sorry for everything, i didn't want to make things complicated for you.. i should've just avoided you and went with that guy at the party.. i don't deserve you. you put up with all of my shit i don't know how or why you do it y/n."

"because i love you madison.."

"but why.. why y/n? i don't deserve it.. i don't deserve your love, you're protection.."

i say nothing, what she said had upset me. the fact that she thought so bad of herself that she didn't deserve me heart my heart.

"y/n.. you're upset.?"

"i.. i just.. i don't know it's nothing."

"oh.. come here." madison says and i sit up, i don't move closer to her and walk over to the other bed.

"i need space.. just tonight." i say and she looks like i just dropped a bomb. i watch as she slowly lays down on my bed and tears fall down her face silently.
the rooms quiet for
once, i get to think to myself for a short time.
"goodnight.." madison says. "mmhm.." i say falling asleep.

the next morning i wake up early. i yawn and look over at madison who's sleeping peacefully with stained mascara across her face and a lighter on my bedside table. i sigh and walk over to my suitcase under my bed. i lean down and madison's hand dangles off of the bed in the way of my stuff.
i kiss her hand and move it back under the covers.

i pull my suitcase out and open the front, slowly pulling out a piece of paper and a pen, standing up and zipping up my suitcase in hand. i put it down for a second and tuck madison in, i kiss her forehead and a tear falls from my face to hers, i shake my head and look away slowly dragging my belongings out of the room and down the stairs.

—time skip, downstairs at the table, 6:30am—

"morning y/n.. what's got you up so early?" zoe says walking in , i jump and she laughs. "sorry i startled you, what you writing?" she says and leans over my shoulder. "oh just- you saw what i wrote didn't you..?" i say. "y/n.. don't leave. madison will be heartbroken. she really loves you, like i've never seen her love someone before until you, she's never cared about someone until you y/n, please stay." zoe says and i look at her and slowly look down again.

"can you give her the letter. i'm leaving, comfort her, until i see her again i need her to stay alive and well ok?" i say and zoe slowly nods taking the letter and watching me quickly leave, as i'm leaving i bump into a strange tall man outside of the academy.