chapter 5

author's note: yeah i hated the spelling in the last one so i'm gonna have to use proper grammar in this chapter. i apologize.

koochieshan pov
i turn around to face the balloon and tilt my head. i ask her, "what is it?"

she takes a deep breath and explains, "i've been lying to you. i'm not really part of the government. my mom is. i'm the second daughter of the united states."

i take a moment to process that and nod. she continues, "i couldn't tell you or your family for security reasons, but i feel like it's time to tell you now. i'm so sorry for lying to you."

i shrug. "it's fine," i reassure her. i leave the room and lie down on my bed. i wonder, does that mean we're friends now? if she was willing to share that with me, then maybe we are.

balloon pov
i release a breath i didn't know i was holding.

i'm glad he didn't overreact. i think we're in a slightly better place than we were when we first met. i'm starting to think we could be friends.

i float over to his room and remind him, "even though i'm your age, i still can't go to school. again, for security reasons."

he shrugs. "it's fine. neither do i," then he adds, "i didn't realize we were the same age."

i blush a tiny bit, wondering what he was implying. "y-yeah, i guess i forgot to mention that," i stutter. i leave the room before he can notice the pink in my cheeks.

authors note: i hate this with all of my soul