twenty four

It wasn't as painful to see his grave like the first time. The sun was beaming out upon the graves you held the flowers in your hand with a smile. The skies were clear, and you could see little birds fluttering and chirping by happily. Doflamingo gently set you to the ground, and you immediately ran up to the grave.

Perhaps the reason was because the first time came to you like a shock.

Stopping in your steps once you stood in front of the stone, you bent down to place the flowers that Doffy bought for you down.

"Hi Oliver," you spoke softly. "Sorry I haven't been thinking about you lately, everyone's been crowding around me like little touch-starved puppies." You giggled at your own joke, hiding your hands behind your back. "I hope you're doing well. I came by with my boyfriend that you teased me about."

Doflamingo walked forward, taking a step beside you so that he could intertwine his fingers within your own.

"We're very happy together, and I want to thank you for saving me." You breathed in. "I'm thankful for everything you've done for me, even if I don't remember you that much..."

"And also..." Your face suddenly looked extremely flustered.

"WHY DID YOU LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING SO EMBARRASSING?!" you exclaimed, hiding your face with your hands, practically near tears. "This guy over here," you gestured to Doflamingo wildly, "made fun of me because of you!" He chuckled from beside you, tugging you into his arms so that he could rest his chin on your head.

"I'm quite sure he would have teased you as well," he spoke behind your ear, causing your hairs to stand up. "Besides, who wouldn't want to tease such a lovely little lady like you?" You shivered when he licked the shell of your ear, and you tensed, eyes shifting quickly to the grave.

"Don't do this in front of him..." you whined. "Look at him, he's probably laughing at me..." Doflamingo turned to stare at the grave with a raised brow.

"Then I'd simply tell him that you're my girlfriend and that I get to tease you as much as I desire," he countered, tilting your head to capture your lips. Your hands immediately flew to his chest, pushing against his pectorals.

"NOT IN FRONT OF HIS GRAVE!" You felt your hair stand on end when you could hear distant laughing. Whipping your head to the side, you frowned when you didn't see anything. You were just hearing things again.

You heaved out an amused sigh. Maybe one day you would find out more of your past. In the meantime, you hoped that Oliver would be kind enough to watch over you as your guardian angel.

Doflamingo hummed to himself, stepping over towards the grave and leaning forward. "Your brother was quite the amusing prankster, little girl." Doflamingo flicked his wrist to create a small thread flower.

Turning around, he held it out for you to take.

"And now, that I'm under the obligation to take the utmost care of you," a grin began to form on his face as he stared you down. You hesitantly took the flower and carefully turned it around in your hands in fascination before staring back up at him.

"I have decided that you deserve the vacation I never gave you." You tilted your head in confusion.

"What?"

---

"Wait, so we're going to go on a vacation?" Deidara's jaw dropped as he stared at Doflamingo, dumbfounded. "So like, with an actual beach?! Not like the rocks that surround this fucking island?! Hell yeah! Sasori-dana, did you hear that?!"