two

Somehow you made it back to your house without being seen, and you internally thanked the lord for having mercy on you. You didn't think you could bear the thought of people looking at you scornfully. Shutting the door behind you, you flipped on the lights, eyes immediately staring at the empty vase sitting on your dinning table.

Ah. You were going to have to get new ones.

Sighing to yourself, you walked into your bedroom to grab your clothes for your shower. You didn't really feel like going to get new flowers- heck, you didn't feel like going outside for a couple of weeks. You didn't want to feel the stares of hatred or pity on you. You didn't want any rumors circulating around you.

Then again, if you holed yourself up in your house then rumors would begin to spread anyways.

Tucking your clothes underneath your arm, you walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. Stripping each of your clothes off, you stepped in, sighing at the warmth. It made you feel better after the stressful day you just had. You just hoped that the King wouldn't go after your head for blocking his pathway. You shivered as you shampooed your hair.

You didn't think you wanted to die because of that.

Rinsing the soap suds off, you immediately continued with conditioner, and then your body wash. Turning off the shower, you grabbed your towel, stepping out. Putting on your clothes, you walked into your room, throwing your clothes into the hamper, before flopping onto the bed.

You were so tired. So very tired. And so very lonely.

"Are you worried?" he whispered into your ear softly.

"...No," you spoke truthfully. "Because you're here to protect me. Why should I be worried?" He laughed, his voice like a beautiful melody in your ear.

"That's right. I'll always be here to protect you, Y/n."

You clenched your jaw. Liar. You left me on Dressrosa.

Huffing, you pulled the sheets over your head, wanting to forget everything.

* * *

Peaking your head out the door, you sighed as there were already people walking around. Closed the door quietly behind you, you pulled the hood of your hoodie down just a bit, but you knew it was going to be useless. You would be sticking out like a sore thumb compared to everyone else, but you still tried anyways.

Even though you didn't want to leave the house, you had work. Itachi was counting on you at the dango shop. You couldn't just leave him hanging.

Shuffling down the streets, you could feel their intense stairs drilling holes into your hoodie. They knew it was you. You passed by a few of the toys, waving to them slightly because they were the only people who really interacted with you besides a select few, which included Itachi and Ino who worked at the flower shop. The doll gave you a small nod, pointing towards a back alleyway for you to go down.

Down the alleyway was the toy soldier missing a leg.

Quickly moving down the alley, you greeted him.

"Good morning Miss Y/n! Would you like me to accompany you to your work?" You smiled gratefully.

"That would be great, thank you." You laughed awkwardly as he started to talk about how stupid the police officers were for not trying to help you yesterday, and how rude the people were to you. He started talking about how he created a chaos just to get back at them because they did that to you. "Ahahah... You saw that?"