poolside ~seokjin x reader~

[lowercase intended]

contains:- breath play (choking), impact play (spanking), degradation, praising

word count- 1,416

have you ever heard of the saying, "right people, wrong time."?

"hey.. what are you doing here?" i ask my favorite ex, jin.

he scratches the back of his head, "heh, just looking to buy a property. i heard these apartments are really nice."

"at 2am?"

"well, what are you doing out here at 2am?"

"i couldn't sleep.." i say, walking towards him, "i missed you, jin."

"y/n, no, don't say that to me yet. you know you have a boyfriend now."

i tut and pace back and forth. he's right, him and i just don't belong together right now. i feel like he's my person though.. i hear jin's footsteps approach me, so i turn back around. there we are, face to face, barely space to breathe.

i can feel the sexual tension in the air, it's intoxicating . i place my hands on his chest and take in all the warmth he produces, he smells just like home.

"hey," i start to break the silence, "wanna go for a swim?"

he chuckles, "no, i don't think so. i don't think that'll end in something we both won't regret afterwards. don't you think the same?"

i look up at his beautiful brown eyes, practically begging with mine.

"jin, come on. don't be a chicken."

he backs away and starts dancing and clucking like a chicken.

"what? what? like this?"

i can't stop smiling at how ridiculous he looks. it's another reason why i, myself, and everyone love him.. he's always himself and doesn't hide anything from others. the light of the 2am moon illuminates his pale skin so perfectly. so much so that i can't help but stare.

"jinny.."

he stops dancing and looks at me, "mhm?"

"i miss us." i say without thinking.

"me too and that's why i'm actually here. i just wanted to see you. i was trying to sleep but i couldn't stop thinking about you."

"why did you have to break up with me?"

seokjin walks over to me and places his hand on my cheek. he swipes his thumb back and forth, just like he used to.

"you know what i was going through, y/n. everything was so complicated at the time.. but i expected you to wait for me."

he was right. jin had a lot of things going on during our relationship. he had tons of music offers, he had recently had a pretty bad injury, and not only that, but his family didn't like us being together. it just hadn't worked out the way we thought.

i put my hand on top of his and sigh, "i know but you know how i get when i don't have someone to depend on. i needed you and you weren't really there."

"i'm sorry, y/n." he says sincerely.

i look up from the ground and we lock eyes. even though i know i shouldn't, i slowly lean in to kiss jin. of course, he rejects it.