Kill Me Now...

"Are you kidding me?" I shouted, jumping up from my seat on the couch. "Gabrielle, it's our only choice. Your father and I are both going back to school in a week, and we cant just leave you at home alone all summer." My mother said, an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm almost eighteen. I think I'm capable of living by myself. And, Leila lives right next door! You going to school or not, I probably would've spent all of my time there anyway." I protested. "And that's the key word. Almost. So no." My dad said firmly. "But~" I began. "No 'buts'. It's final. You are going to spend the summer with your Aunt Cathie whether you like it or not."

"I don't remember the last time I even saw the woman! I was three, and she was just here to drop a check off for my birthday!" I shouted. Both my mom and dad gave me a look that told me to shut my mouth before they shut it for me, and I growled. "Why couldn't you just go to a community college?" I yelled, stomping to the stairs and purposely slamming my bedroom door loud enough to piss them off.

I know, happy beginning, right?

I'm Gabrielle Winter. My parents have decided to go back to college, as I'm sure you've noticed. I begged them to go to the community college down the street so they would be back by night and I could stay home, but no, they had to go to Penn State and leave me to travel to from Michigan to Florida to live with my aunt who I barely new.

Life sucks.

I sighed, and picked up my iPhone from the bedside table, dialing my best friend's number.

"Hey." Leila answered. "So, what did they say? Are they letting you stay here for the summer?"

I sighed. "No. They're making me go live with my Aunt Cathie for three months."

"You have an Aunt Cathie?"

"That's exactly how I felt."

She groaned. "I mean, even my mom thinks that's a bit extreme."

"That's because it is. I don't even know what her last name is and I'm supposed to go live there while they go to school."

The line went silent. I could tell she was still there because of the sounds in the background.

"Well I better go pack." I said awkwardly.

"I'm going to miss you." She said on the other line.

"Well we can Skype."

"It's not the same. We won't have movie nights on Friday anymore. That's our thing..." She said sadly.

"I know... It's not my fault. It's my parents fault. And I promise, we will Skype every Friday and watch the cheesy movies we watch every summer." I reassured her.

She laughed. "This is why we're friends." She said. "I'll let you go, but I'm coming to your house tonight and sleeping over before you leave tomorrow morning."

"Alright," I said. "Wait... how did you know I was leaving tomorrow morning?" I said suspiciously.

"You didn't hang up the phone before you went downstairs to ask your parents. I heard everything." She snickered. "I hung up after the part about tomorrow morning, because I was getting emotional." She said, and I laughed.

"I'll see you in a little bit." I said, hanging up the phone once I heard her reply a quick goodbye.

I sighed, looking around at my room. I was going to miss this place... the horribly misshaped dark pink polka dots on my lime green wall from my redecorate-my-room party a few years ago, the unbelievably fluffy white carpet that I let barely anyone step on so it didn't get grimy, my pink twin sized zebra print bedding placed awkwardly on the full sized bed.