The World of Books

"We have to go in." Amelia had one foot over the book.

"No we don't," Olive tightly gripped Amelia's big wrist

"You know we can help them." Her hazel eyes darkened with worry and fear

"We have a test tomorrow!"

"When did you start studying for English tests?"

"I always do!" She jerked Amelia off the book.

"I don't care we have to go in!" She said while trying to remove Olive's hand that bound her wrist.

"Please don't it looks dangerous." Her anger had turned into a plea.

"Olive, you know they need us and I need you"

Olive looked towards the book on the floor nervously. She walked over to the small shelf and picked a book from the end and put it on the floor. "Ok, but with them."

They both held each other's hands tightly. Amelia held the previous book in her other hand and they jumped on the book. In less than a second, they were sucked into it. They fell on the ground made of nothing but cement; it was a familiar place for them now. They ran through the long hallways out of the abandoned house. They ran to the nearest house, where they expected two people to be.

They impatiently knocked on the doors. After a few seconds, they were met by a pair of blue eyes. Which became darker after seeing them. He invited them into the room Taylor was in.

"You gotta help us, the people in this world are suffering." Amelia gestured the book in her left hand.

"How do you know? How did you even get this book?" Taylor raised their bushy eyebrows at her.

"A bright fiery red-orange hole or portal, I don't exactly know, just threw it towards us, while screaming we need your help," Amelia explained while shaking her leg.

"Then why did they not ask you to come into that portal instead of through this book?" Edward ran his long fingers in his brown hair.

"I had the same question which implies we don't have the answer." Olive cracked her knuckles.

"It could be a trick, you know," Taylor said in a sweet voice.

"What if it isn't, like the time when we helped you?" Amelia replied

"We do owe you, I guess we should help. What do you say, Edward?"

"I think yes, just please don't lose the book this time."

"Don't worry I have a bag, with almost everything." Olive pointed to a bag hanging on her right shoulder.

"Ok first, I and Olive will step on, and then you two. Please hold your hands tightly, otherwise, you could end up in a completely different area-" Amelia got cut off by Olive.

"It would be a nightmare to be alone in an unfamiliar world, learned that the hard way."

They didn't waste another moment and just like Amelia said. Amelia and Olive stepped on the book first followed by Taylor and Edward. They landed right over Amelia and Olive. They got up and brushed themselves. They were standing on grass, it seemed like a well-maintained garden. It was surrounded by tall buildings. The weather was extremely windy with a little lighting here and there.

"Wow, last time when I and Amelia didn't hold hands we ended up miles away. This time this book dropped you right on top of us. I'm starting to think this book hates one of us or all of us." Everyone ignored Olive's comment and walked out of the park. They saw people running out of a building. They ran towards the entrance, trying to talk to people. Everyone pushed them and continued running away. A teenage girl came towards them, she stopped.

"What happened? Why are you running?" Edward looked at her, he could clearly see the fear in her eyes.

"Please clear the entrance, a lightning bolt hit the roof of the building. There is a fire on the roof. At least that's what I heard."

"Up there?" Taylor pointed at the top of the building in front of them.

"Yes!"

"We cannot see anything at all."

"Well, there was this girl who pulled the fire alarm. And spread the news of the fire on every floor. I saw her, her arm was burned really badly." The girl said in between gasps for air.

"Have you called the fire department?" Amelia inquired

"I don't know; I need to reach home please."

"Of course." Olive swiftly moved herself to allow her to leave.