Mesmerisation

A tear is made up of 1% water and 99% feelings.
"Dylan.....? Dylan.......?" A voice called out to me. "What do you want Joelle?!"I screamed. "Where is my dad?!" "Your father is somewhere safe. Don't worry! I'm here for you!" Joelle responded, her arms reaching out for a hug. "Don't touch me. I want my dad!" I screamed as I fell, screaming all the way down the big black hole of loneliness.

"Dylan! Dylan! Wake up! You're late for school sleepyhead!"My 5 year old sister Katrina says as she jumps up and down on my king sized bed. "Whaaaat! Let me sleep in peace Kat..." I responded, groggily. "It's 8.20. You only have 15 minutes to get to school....." Katrina trailed off as she ran out of my bedroom. "Shit....!" I exclaimed as I jumped out of bed. I only had 5 minutes to get ready for school. I sprinted to the bathroom and had the quickest shower known to mankind. I quickly brush my teeth and pull my straight brown hair into a high ponytail.

I run back to my room and dig through my closet. I find a black singlet with the words 'Eat... Sleep... Repeat' on the front. I pick out a pair of blue denim jeans and I pull my black Converse shoes on. Finally I wrap a thin red checkered jacket around my waist and apply some light mascara on my brown eyelashes. I never noticed I had such long eyelashes. They suit my big brown eyes. I grab my car keys, my backpack and my iPhone and run down the stairs. "Bye family!" I shout over my shoulder. I open the door of my car and hop in. 10 minutes later, I pull into the carpark of Toorak Secondary College.

I run down the hallway to my locker and as soon as I have my books, I sprint to my Maths class. Hopefully Mrs Collins is in a good mood today. I'm wrong.

"What's your excuse today, Ms Hymans? Another sleep in, I'm sure?!" Mrs Collins snarls. I look over at my best friend Casey at the back of the class who is in fits of laughter and reply "Car broke down?" "Detention, Ms Hymans for lying and for being late to class." Mrs Collins snaps at me. "Take your seat please and I will start the class". I walked up the aisle of seats and took the seat next to Casey. "Why didn't you cover for me?" I whispered to her. "I was supposed to?!" She whispered back, with a fake innocent look on her face. "You are going to pay for this Casey," I laughed at her, with an evil look. "Ms Hymans and Ms Rose, am I disturbing your conversation?"Mrs Collins asked from the front of the class. "Sorry Mrs Collins!"we both apologised, giggling under our breaths.

An hour and a half later, we were sitting in the school cafeteria eating our lunch. I look around the cafeteria and see all the boys staring me. Nothing new to me. I'm the most popular girl in school. All the boys drool over me but I'm not very interested. They all want to hook-up with me but what no one knows about me, is that I'm a virgin and I believe in sex after marriage. Hard to believe, huh?

"Dylan, which one of those boys do you think I should hook up with?" Casey asks me twirling her long blonde hair around her fingers. I roll my eyes at her. Casey is one of those girls that is not into the whole lovey dovey romance type of thing. She likes to hook up with random boys and she leaves it at that. I love her though coz she's a good friend. Casey and I are very different people. But you know what they say? Opposites attract.

As the bell rings for the end of lunch, I pick up my books and start to head out of the cafeteria. As I walk through the doors, I feel a hard push against my shoulder which causes me to drop my books. I start to pick up my book, swearing under my breath and as I look up to see who is helping me, I drop my books again.

"Hi. Sorry about the books, I will look where I'm going next time." The boy says to me as he hands me my books. "That's okay." I tell him. I look at his brown hair all combed and gelled to create a mohawk. I look at his muscular arms that are throbbing and flexed. I look at his face and his olive skin. I look at his sparkling green eyes twinkling in unison to his white straight smile. "Hello.... are you okay?" he startles me. Was I dreaming? Probably in a trance. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking. My name is Dylan." I smile, holding out my hand."Aaron". He smiles back, taking my hand.