Chapter 2

Recap*

As I walked back towards the laundry room, I saw Gina and Penelope laughing. It was obviously them. One day I will be free. Free from all of this! They will never know what it's like to be me.

Chapter 2

Katie POV:

Laundry, check.

Dishes, check.

Feed animals, check.

Clean the shutters, check.

Vacuum the driveway, check. ( Another Cinderella story reference)

Ok, well my chores are all done. Ha..they will never be 'done'. I decided to take a break. I went to my room and went online.

'dressparadise.com'

'Find amazing dresses, for incredible prices!'

I found the perfect dress.

It was an electrifying blue. Short and strappless. (Pic to side)

I LOVED it, except for the price. $152.99

I'm not even if I am worth that much money! I have about $57 saved up. The dance was in 2 days. How was I supposed to get $100 in two days? I heard a noise behind my pillow. I picked up my pillow and saw Daw staring back at me.

"Hiya Katie."

"Daw, what are you doing?"

"Nuthin...but Ceb and I can getchu that dress! We will buy it for you!"

If you are wondering, Daw is a tiny suirrel, and so is Ceb. Daw is Daw because when he was little he always said "Daw shucks" and I liked it. Ceb is Ceb because he always wanted to be a celebrity, so ceb..celebrity...works.

"That's so sweet of you guys, but I can't let you do that. I barely have anything, how are you going to pay for it?"

"Easy, Kay..I'm gonna ask Donna to make one just like it. She can make anything like it was the original. You know that. You'll have that dress in a day tops, Kay. (Kay=nickname)

"Oh I don't know.."

I heard a rumble in the bushes outside my window. Then I thought t was just wind. It just scared me a bit.

"KATIE!!!" My phone rung.

"Yes?"

"Come. Here. Now." Then she hung up. I walked up to Linda's room. I entered. She was sitting on her bed, in the darkness stroking her mini doll of herself. Creepy.

"Katie, I hear you might go to the dance?"

" Well I certainly want to."

"Shush. Well, I'm sorry that just won't do...you have quite the list of chores that night."

"Oh please! I will do them today! Please Linda, allow me to go have fun at the dance!"

"Hmm.." she was interrupted by a phone call.

"Hello? No. Haha. Shut up. WHAT? I hate you! I did! I swear I will come there and choke you..love you mom."

"Katie, go..uh..wash my car, NOW!"

I sped walked out the door. She never said I couldn't go to the dance..but it didn't matter anyway, I didn't have a dress. I wonder how she found out I was going to the dance? Wait...the bush..moving...Penelope..Gina...I really hate my life.

Linda POV:

I have to make sure Katie does not go to that dance. Harry Styles..from One Direction is performing and Gina and Penelope has to marry him so I get even richer! AHAHAHAHAHA!! Wait..did I ever tell Katie no she couldn't go? Well, even if I didn't..what does she have to wear. HAHA, nothing! Just in case...

"Penelope honey!"

"Yes mother?"

"Go get Katie's laptop."

"Ok."

Let's see if she plans on getting any sort of dress..

"Ahh, here it is." I said looking at the dress she bookmarked. "This will be good." Click.

Two hours later*

"KATIE!!!"

"Yes?"

"Come here now. I have a surprise."

KATIE POV:

I walked into Linda's room to see Gina...in my dress.