I Still Like Pink

It was a rainy Friday morning in Metropolis. The normal vegetable vendor outside the also normally glowing bronze exterior of the Daily Planet was nowhere in sight.

News was slow due to the rain, however the absence of news was sometimes on rare occasions, the news itself.

But one thing that I, Lois Lane could always be counted to be fixated on was Superman. The Man of Steel as I had coined, had saved my life when I fell from a helicopter on the roof of this very building.

Superman had done everything for the people of Metropolis. He stopped Lex Luthor from destroying California, he rescued a jet from falling out of the air and even more minor crimes like stopping attempted cat burglaries. He even had then time to save cats from trees. Cats from trees!

It was little wonder that I fell in love with him. Most likely every woman in America would've fallen in love with Superman. However I felt a connection with him. I was the first person he ever saved and I was the first person that had nterviewed him.

However beyond that, I felt a connection because...well I knew who he was. Who he really was. He was Clark Kent. I had drawn glasses and a hat on a picture of Superman and he looked exactly like Clark.

He nearly had me fooled for some time, but there could be no doubts now. As he entered into the Daily Planet, accidentally bumping into people and getting his umbrella tangled up, I couldn't help but smirk.

"Well good morning Lois." He greeted me awkwardly. I gave him a smile as he sat down.

"That weather we're having sure is Super isn't it Clark?" I asked him either a teasing tone.

He looked adorably lost and confused, not at all the 6'4, 240 pound face of American justice. He looked like a buffoon. That's how I nearly missed him.

"Um I'm not entirely sure what you mean there Lois. I mean...well golly its really coming down out there." He replied anxiously.

"I've seen a lot of stronger things fall from the sky than rain Clark." I answered from behind my newspaper, giving him the flirty eyes from a over the top of the page.

"Like lightning?" He joked back.

"Well..." I started as I set down the paper. "It was blue but with a bit more red and a bit stronger."

Clark adorably got jealous as he realized who I was talking about. Only he wasnt jealous. I knew that now. He's just a really good actor.

"Now Lois I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but I think your attraction for HIM has gone on quite long enough." He said sternly but with his awkward edge still in place.

"Him who?" I playfully questioned.

"Who him? SUPERman." He replied.

"Oh Superman? Nah I'm not into him anymore." I denied with a shake if my head. I tried so hard not to laugh at Clark's expression. He looked so confused on how to react.

......

The rest of the day I continued teasing Clark. I never let him onto my discovery but I simply teased him. He seemed to to get frustrated and irritable with me today. Not in a threatening way but in a dorky jealous way.

At the end of the day, he offered to walk me home. I couldn't pass it up. In private I could let him know my discovery. Or not. Maybe I tease him a while longer.

As we walked home in the rain, we both tried to stay dry. I playfully asked him why we couldn't fly home but he acted clueless. I would laugh but the rain honestly was getting annoying.

When we reached my apartment, I had a little bit of fun when I asked him to come upstairs with me. He looked so lost in his reaction. As much as I made fun of him, he was very talented at being an idiot. It was remarkable.

"Unless he really is an idiot" I thought with a giggle.

When we reached my apartment, I asked Clark to come in and spend some time with me. He looked genuinely bewildered. I don't think he was acting.

As he shut the door behind him, I pounced. I started kissing him and he didn't kiss me back!

I pulled back and he adjusted his glasses. He stepped away from me shyly and went to the kitchen, eyes never leaving me. I smiled at him like a Cheshire cat.

"What's wrong Superman? Am I kryptonite now?" I questioned, moving towards him again.

"Lois you are really out there with your theories. You think I'M Superman?" He asked bewildered. I grinned in response.

"I know you are." I responded with a flirt in my tone.

I pulled out my gun from my desk drawer and aimed it at Clark. It was full of blanks but he would never know that.

"Lois d-don't be insane." He stuttered.

"Don't fall down, because you're just gonna have to get up." I instructed him. He tried to argue but I shot him. He immediately perked up fro. His hunched position.

"I knew it was you." I said with a smile. He removed his glasses and folded his arms like an angry parent.

"You know...if you'd been wrong then Clark Kent would've been killed. " He reminded her.

"With a blank?" I responded playfully. He groaned and shut his eyes at the realization he'd been duped.

"Gotcha." I stated. Now that I knew it was him, I felt a little less in control. My knees felt weaker and my cheeks burned.

I rushed up to him, and kissed him hard before I could feel myself get too nervous.

I tugged at his unappealing suit and he took it the rest of the way off. I removed my dress in the meantime, revealing pink underwear underneath.

"Do you still like pink?" I asked him in between breathless kisses. He smiled at him and said:

"I still like pink very much Lois."