Chapter 2

She spent more time shopping than she expected to, so making something for lunch was her first priority. She was starving. Cooking - not a favorite thing to do, but becoming a cranky lioness when hungry was even less acceptable. Wouldn't want to scare away the woodsman, would I? She snickered at her own thought. As such a big guy would get scared of me.

Tora wasn't even reaching his shoulders. Might be a child compared to him, even though she didn't consider herself short, but of average height for a girl.

As he unloaded the last of materials and tools from the truck, she was finished with preparations for lunch. She got out on the porch to start working on the repairs.

He scratched his head. "So you're really doing this?"

"Yes, I am. Why wouldn't I? Because I'm a girl?" - she snorted. She hadn't just once heard she couldn't be a renovator.

"No, this is more of a two-man job. I have time today. I'll be your second guy."

Can you be my first guy, mr. Woodsman?

He must have seen something in her eyes as his eyes darkened a bit. He turned around.

"Alright, where do you want to start?" - he asked her with his back to her.

"Let's start from the back and then move to the front."

"Ok, let's do it that way." He moved to the back of the porch. God, I don't know what's better to look at, his front or back. Mmm.. wide back, strong muscles... biggg defined muscles under that thin shirt.

She tried to get herself out of that train of thoughts. How will I survive this day without jumping his bones?

He watched her as she confidently passed next to him. If not for his wolf senses, he wouldn't know that this woman was seriously aroused. She was driving him crazy. Unfortunately, hopping on her, and taking her as an animal he was, wasn't the best move for the good first impression. Or was it?

She got on her knees and started removing the old paint from the wood. Bulge in his pants grew even more as he took in her position. Her big breasts, already heavy with milk, were going up and down as she worked. Working next to her will get me a finger or two less. And no amount of healing power can grow me new fingers.

"Well, I see you got this under control, I can start from the opposite corner." Pray Goddess, that will be far enough. Any closer and there will be no stopping me.

Tora had a wild streak in her hair and playful smile, intelligence showing in her eyes. She was petite but firm. She had been training in martial arts since a young age. Her arms showed muscle as she was often building and creating new items with her hands. Her pregnancy showed from the front, but from the back you'd never guess it she was 5 months pregnant. A human mate wasn't common but also not a rarity. Afterall, there were more humans than supernaturals. But it was peculiar for an alpha to have a human mate. Not a mistake though. Not many females would move to nowhere and then start renovating a house with their own hands. Even less pregnant females would do that. Hm, where is her male?

His jaw clenched at this thought. She was caring other man's pup and he wasn't around. What kind of douchebag abandons a pregnant female?

As she could hear him, she raised her head and gave him a questioning look. "Are you growling?"

"Maybe" - James replied with much more tranquility than he felt, continuing with his work.

A chatty woodsman. She sighed. Is he a werewolf, though? That did sound animalistic and they are the biggest group of shifters. During college years, she met a small number of supernaturals but never made a friend with any of them so her knowledge was limited to what she learned from textbooks.

Tora checked her wristwatch. "Time to finish that lunch." - she announced while getting up.

She started preparing salad and tiptoed on her toes to reach the salt. A warm body pressed gently behind her and a masculine hand reached above hers, easily taking down the salt container. Tora turned slowly around to face him. Eyes to melt in, lips to kiss and mmm bite, just a bit. He was boxing her in with his strong arms. The salt left on a counter behind her and forgotten. She kept an eye contact with him, her blush turning to lust as seconds passed by.

He slowly raised his hand to her cheek, trailing with his thumb to her lips, caressing them gently. She gave him her most innocent look and bit on his thumb. The tension in the air exploded. He picked her up and put her on the counter so he could get any easier access to her mouth, tongue, neck. The kiss was passionate and dominating. I must have been a very good girl to get such an early Christmas present. Their tongues dancing together. His both hands now holding her closer to him. And she pressing firmly against him. Thank God that my belly isn't so big. Her hands going to his big muscular back. She wanted to explore every tiny part of him... lick him whole. She loved using her tongue, but haven't found so far anyone who'd appreciate her little kink. Air was becoming scarce and she parted her mouth from his. He was looking at her like she was a goddess. A look that every woman wants and needs from her life partner, a husband.

She was blushing again and he found it amusing. "Anything else I can get you?" - his smile was confident and boyish. Yes, yourself in my bed.

"I think I have now everything in my reach."

"Ok, I'll be outside if you need me".