The Tale Of Ruby Rose

Fifteen-year-old Ruby was the victim of cruel "ugly duck" jokes until a boy humiliated the jokers.

***
Ruby Rose had always been insecure about her appearance from her too-large nose to her lacklustre brown eyes. Worst of all, her acne was splattered all over her face like red splotches of paint that wouldn't vanish no matter how badly she tried.

And tried she did.

From trying miraculous tips on youtube to erase acne overnight or trips to the dermatologist.

Nothing worked.

She was called the "ugly duckling."

That's what her cruel bully going by the name of Harry Reid preferred to call her.

Until one day the jokes ended when a boy humiliated her bully publically.

*****

On a miserable Monday morning, Ruby Rose was minding her own business in the School hallway ambling towards her next class, until she was cornered by Harry.

"How are you doing ugly duckling? I could play dot to dot on your face and it wouldn't be hard at all," Harry remarked cruelly.

"Please leave me alone Harry. I'm going to be late for class," she murmured, averting her eyes as a crowd of students started to gather.

Unknown to them: Jaden King, the captain of the football team, was also watching the drama unfold.

"Why ugly duckling are you going to start crying since no guy wants to date you?" He taunted.

Before Ruby could try to even formulate a response Jaden intervened. "What you said is utter bullshit Harry and you know it. You're just too much of a fool to realise your true feelings for Ruby that's why you behave like this,"

He sauntered next to Ruby and clasped her hand, "I for one would date Ruby. She's beautiful on the inside and out. Any guy would be lucky to have her."

Nobody had ever stood up for her until that day.