"they're not your best friend, i am"

"i got your back

"i got your back. always."

~

"What's up bitches?" Mac said cheerfully, entering the bar with a huge grin on his face.

"Shut up," Dee whined, holding her head. The beer bottles in front of her were enough to tell why she wasn't feeling okay.

Not that Mac cared. He looked around at the bar. It was almost midnight and there was no one, not even a single customer. He furrowed, his arms in akimbo, turned back at Sweet Dee. "Where is everyone?" he asked curiously.

"Stop... yelling..." Deandra groaned once again, covering her face with her hands. She looked like she wanted to escape from the bar by covering her face.

Mac grabbed a bottle of beer and took a sip. "Dennis?!" he yelled, looking around with a glimpse of hope to see his roommate, but Dennis was nowhere to be seen.

"No, seriously, where are the guys?" Mac turned to look at Dee, only to find her sleeping on the bar counter.

"Hello?!" he yelled again, angry that he wasn't being listened carefully. If it were Charlie, he would listen to all the bullshit Mac had to say.

Then it hit Mac that Charlie wasn't in the bar, either.

"Where's my boy, Charlie?"

"I don't know!" said Dee, much louder and angrier this time, impatiently turned to look at Mac, and went on, "Him and Dennis got into a stupid fight and he stormed off to some... I don't know, rathole? Okay, Mac? Now please, please let me sleep. I'm feeling woozy."

"What fight?" Mac questioned, poked Dee's shoulder to get her total attention. He wanted the details. He loved the details. "Where are the boys now?"

"Shut up already!" said Frank loudly, coming from the office with his gun in his hand. He was scratching his head with it. Walking past Mac and Deandra, he went on scratching and said, "Fight, my ass. Can't deal with you dipshits. Now silence your mouth before I do it for you."

He looked like a zombie, or a ghost, Mac thought.

Frank, then, got out of the bar and the annoying silence filled the filthy air. Mac had enough of that idiotic silence. "What the hell was that?" he said out loud, his voice filled with annoyance and curiosity. "What is going on here? Dee!"

"Ugh, I said I don't know!" she snapped at Mac yet again, hitting the bar counter furiously. "They were talking about some dumb shit and it just... happened. Okay? I don't care about you guys' moronic problems, alright? In fact, I don't have to deal with all of this."

She stood up straight, glancing one last look at Mac and walked past him. "I'm out of here," she added, her voice sounded more dramatic and filled with sorrow this time.