The park

(TW/abuse)

Y/n/POV

The last warm up of coffee slid down my throat. I looked up over at Declan. He was already staring at me. We made eye contact for a split second but he looked away. I could help but smile.
"Your finnally finished!" Said Logan looking up from his phone.
"Yep" I knodded. "Shall we go ladies"
"Y/n your the only lady here" stated jarod.
"Well I wouldn't be if Ellie came. Let's just get going, Declan has to get home"
"Yes and I need to be there now, my shows started"
"What show was it again?" Logan asked. They bantered a bit again it while we walked, I kind of zoned out so i didn't have to listen listen.
"Y/n would it be ok if we all went to Declans house?" Jarod asked while tapping on my shoulder.
"Ummm, I just need some fresh air today so you guys go I'll just hand out at the park for a while."
"Sounds good." We all walked for a few minutes before arriving at the park. Declans apartment was just a block away. I sat down on a bench, said my goodbyes and pulled out by sketch book. I looked around and decided to draw a cute boy I saw sitting at a table on the other side of the park center. He was with a group of friends but he stood out. He wore a blue beanie and hoodie. I could only see his side profile but it would be a good drawing. I sharpened my pencil and let the lead slide around the page.
Left
Right
Up
Down
I would here the scraping against the paper, it was so calming. I could do this for hours. Which I had, several times since I moved here.
Me and my mother never had a good relationship, and I never had any other family. She always tried to do her best to raise me, up until my teenage years. Little did she know every boyfriend she had had abused me. Sexually, physically, you name it. But I never had the courage to tell her. These things tend to come out at some time. They did. One day they just slipped, my mother broke down and she couldn't handle herself, or me any more. That's when she stopped caring, when she stopped talking to me, when she started abusing me. I couldn't tell anyone so I let it happen. Until finally I snapped and decided to leave. I didn't want to stay there any more, so I moved. I moved half way across the world. I used to live in Australia. Now I live in California. It's so much better here. I have friends that care about me, and a beautiful house. I haven't had contact with my mum in years and I intend to keep it that way. Thinking about this had brought a tear to my eye. I wiped it away and realised I had finished the drawing. It was now one of my favourite sketches in this book. I decided I wanted to colour it, so I pulled out my markers. The colours I had were perfect and in no time I had almost finished. I outlined and admired my art. I loved it. So I packed away my markers and pencils. Next I placed the book against the back of the bench and took a picture for Instagram. My followers would love this. I sat back down and thought of a funny caption. I pressed post and went to grab the book but another hand reached down before me and took it before I had the chance. I looked up and it was the cute boy in the drawing.
"Is this me? it's really good." He said.
"Yeah it is! Thanks," I stuck out my hand, "hi my name is Y/N"
"Hi Y/N, I'm Alex!"