Chapter One - Deja vu

Natalie's POV:
Everything's been pretty crazy the past few days, so I decide to take a walk. I walk around near the Arts and to all the places me and the girls have had special memories. I also walk past the alley where we found Aria. I stare down it for a moment. It doesn't look special, but it is to us. Who would have thought a small alleyway could change lives?

I smile and start walking away. Until I hear a crash come from the alley. A small cry follows.

"Is it just me or is this deja vu?" I mutter to myself. I turn back and slowly make my way down the alley. After searching for a little while, I find nothing. Until I hear a child sniffle. I turn to where it came from and slowly move the boxes. I move a large box and, to my surprise, see two children both holding onto each other as if they are afraid to let go. They are both girls. The youngest looks around Aria's age and the older one couldn't be more than 13. 

 "Hey." I whisper in a soft voice. They both cower away and try to hide. "Hey, no, there's no need to be afraid. I'm Natalie, I'm nice." I say with a small smile. 

The smallest child looks me in the eye and whispers, "Help, he's coming. Please help." Her voice shakes with fear. 

I suddenly hear yelling from the street and quickly move the boxes to hide the children. A man walks down the alley with some speed, as if he is in a hurry. 

"Sorry miss, but have you seen two small children round here? The brats- I mean darlings ran away and I need to find them. " I do not trust this guy at all. I take a breath and say, "I haven't seen any young girls round here unfortunately, if I do I'll try and tell you!" 

He grunts and goes to leave the alley. Then he stops. "I didn't say the kids were girls, which means you're lying. And you do NOT want to lie to me." 

 He walks over to me and pins me against a wall then pulls something out of his pocket. I feel a cold, sharp blade against my throat and begin to panic.