Chapter Three - The Hospital

Natalie's POV:
We get to the hospital and I quickly get the girls inside. They're both shaking from fear.

When we're inside, we've got to sit and wait for a doctor to be available. That is honestly pretty stupid considering these two girls were cut pretty bad. I mean, the youngest literally has a huge cut across her stomach, and we can't even be seen by a doctor.

Eventually, we get taken into a room and get our injuries taken care of. I'm not bothered about the doctors sorting my cut out, I'm more bothered about the children.
_____________________________
(Time skip, 1 hour)

The doctors have finally sorted out the cuts. They also found that both girls have other injuries, clearly brought on by being beaten. I have been told the girls have been here before, and that they believe that their "father" is abusing them. Me bringing them in today and explaining what I know should be enough evidence to have that man put behind bars for a long time.

"Miss Paris? Once the children's father is found he is going to be arrested, and we don't have a record of a mother, so both children will not have a home. There are two options: first, they will both be sent to an orphanage where they will stay together. Once they are adopted however, there is no guarantee they will be taken in together. And most siblings prefer to stay together. Or, the second option is that you can take them in. We know you are a godmother to one of your friends children, so we can assume from that you would be willing to take in a child. Would you be willing to take in the two girls you found today?"

I take a moment to analyse what the doctor just said, then know exactly what my answer will be. I take a deep breath and answer...