Chapter Eight

two days before...

Jack finished up his recording and editing for the day. He was pretty sure he'd have enough ready. He didn't want to have a work day with Mark. He wanted to goof around and go places and do things. Jack loves YouTube to death, but sometimes you need a break. He heard his laptop making noise in the livingroom. Was it 12 already? He walked out there. In fact, it was 1 o' clock. Mark was late.

"Sean? Sorry to be la-"

"-It's okay Mark, I just finished up some editing anyways," Jack said.

"Okay, if you say so, I really am sorry though. Don't be working too hard," Mark said.

"Don't worry Mark. I'll be okay. I just want to be ready for your visit..." Jack said, smiling.

jack was having trouble sleeping

he couldn't get Mark out of his head,

he was just so excited.

it was evening when he arrived

Jack got into the passenger seat. Mark looked at him. "Have you been sleeping?" Mark asked.

"How could you tell?" Jack replied.

"You look tired," Mark said.

"I am tired... but I am not good at sleeping," Jack said, "Not without you."

Mark smiled. "Well I'm here now. When we get to my place I'll help you put your stuff up. Then you're going to sleep."

"Okay Mark," Jack said. He leaned back, closing his eyes and listening to the radio softly playing 'Vanilla Twilight' by Owl City.

"You okay?" Mark asked.

"Couldn't be better," Jack replied. He accidently fell asleep. Mark watched him sleep, smiling. He wished he could watch him for ever. Suddenly a loud crash made him flip his head around. He hadn't had his eyes on the road. He had just hit another car. He saw another car coming from the right side. He heard its brakes screech, but it was too late, the car hit his car. The airbags went off. Mark got out his phone and dialed 911.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"I just got into a car crash," Mark said.

He started to panic. Was Jack okay? That third car had hit the right side...

at the hospital

Mark was in the waiting room. They had checked him for a concussion, and he was okay except for a few cuts from glass. He hadn't heard anything about Jack. He looked up. He saw a mother cradling a five or six year olds' head in her lap. The kid's face was pale, very pale. The kid's eyes opened, wide and blue. Similar to Jack's. The kid stared at Mark for a second, smiling a little bit. "Mom," the boy whispered, "It's markiplier."

"That guy who screams on the internet?" she asked. Mark blushed. The boy nodded, shutting his eyes again. She looked at Mark, eyes narrowed. Then her gaze softened. "Thanks for making my boy smile," she said. She went back to caring for him, touching his hair, worry in her eyes. Mark stared at the boy. Then a nurse approached him.

"Sean has woken up sir. He asked about you," she said. It was the same nurse who had cleaned up his cuts.

"Okay," Mark said, "Is he okay?"

"He doesn't have a concussion, which is good," the nurse said, "But he had to have a few stitches in his arm, and he had some other cuts as well. Overall he's surprisingly undamaged."

"Thank god," Mark murmured, walking into Jack's hospital room. Jack looked up.

"Great driving Mark," Jack said sarcastically. Mark smiled.

"Yeah, I probably should've been looking at the road," Mark said.

"Was anyone else injured?" Jack asked the nurse.

"One guy broke his arm, but everyone else is pretty okay," the nurse said.

"Thank god," Jack said.

"Yeah... I would've hated for anyone to get hurt..." Mark said, "I feel like such a douche right now."

"So when can I get out of here? I don't want to waste my whole trip in a hospital," Jack said. The nurse shrugged.

"Probably soon," she said. Jack smiled, looking at Mark. Mark smiled back. The nurse left. Mark walked over to Jack, sitting on the ground next to his bed.

"You okay?" Mark said softly.

"Yeah... They fixed me up," Jack replied.

"I'm sorry," Mark said, "I should've been paying attention."

"Mark, everyone gets distracted," Jack said. Mark grabbed Jack's hand. Jack dozed off, probably because of some painkiller they had him on. Mark let go of his hand, moving to sit in a chair. He got out his phone, and went to instagram. He saw something interesting.

It was a photo of his car crashed, and it was taken from the inside of the car he had hit. The caption read, "HOLY CRAP MARKIPLIER JUST HIT MY CAR!!!" So that meant somewhere in this hospital was the person who had taken that photo. It had hundreds of likes already. He wondered just what this person looked like. On the photo he wrote,

"omg i am so sorry."

It was all he could think to say. He heard the instagram noise go off in the hallway. He looked up. A young looking girl, probably 17, looked at him. She looked pretty unharmed, just a small cut on her face. "Hello Markiplier," she said.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to crash into your car," Mark said.

"No it's fine. Accidents happen. I see you're in here with Jack. I always knew septicplier was real," she said.

"CLARA!" an adults voice yelled, "LET'S GO!"

"By markiplier," she said. Another picture popped up. It was him holding Jack's hand, captioned, "Septicplier is cannon."

He blushed. Oops. He looked at Jack sleeping. He didn't want to wake him up to show him the picture. He screenshotted it instead. Finally the nurse came back, and released them. They had to take a taxi to Mark's place.

Mark helped Jack inside, though Jack insisted he didn't need it. Finally the two ended up laying on Mark's bed. Jack almost instantly fell asleep. Mark stayed up a little later, staring at the ceiling and thinking about everything that had happened.