Chapter 5

Warnings for this chapter: just some cursing

Dream centered pov

Dream didn't think he would see the day when he would be sitting on a small ledge outside of a window of the lmanburg castle blushing profusely at a note written for him by the prince. Yet here he was, doing just that. The note only read “Dear Dream, maybe next time you show up we can talk, please? - Fundy” The note made him feel as if his heart was beating at an irregularly fast pace. He cursed under his breath before thanking himself for wearing the mask that covered the pink dusting across his cheeks. Staring at the darkening sky, he breathed out shakily. “Maybe i just leave and he never needs to know i even showed up” he muttered out, weighing his options. Well he was. Until the light behind him flicked on and quick footsteps made their way to the window.

“Shit” Something told him that he may have been spotted.

It struck him that he had made a rather stupid mistake not showing up in an invisible state. Which in hindsight was stupid since now Dream could feel eyes burning holes through the back of his head. “Um, Hi?” a man's voice called out. The man had a slight dutch accent and he spoke in a soft tone. Reluctantly, the god turned to face who had stumbled across him. “Oh! Oh wow that's a god, um hello… wait- what do i even refer to a god as?” the man began speaking. It took the blonde a moment to register that it was the prince. “D-Dream is fine thank you” for probably the only time in his immortal life did dream stutter as he was faced with a very pretty fox hybrid who he may or may not be head over heels for. “Well… Dream, I'm Prince Fundy,” he began while sticking his hand out “Though judging by the note in your hands you probably knew that.” The fox hybrid grabbed Dream's hand and pulled him inside, his fox tail swaying slightly. The god grinned as he stepped inside, “Well your highness, it's nice to make your acquaintance.” Fundy scoffed at the title. The blonde laughed as he saw the Prince’s reaction, “Well then, I have some questions for you.” the redhead said indefinitely. Dream nodded and sat down on the floor, patting it to tell Fundy to sit with him.  The fox obliged, it would be foolish to disrespect a God like Dream.  

If he was honest, Dream was just admiring fundy for the first few questions. Just things like “what's it like being a god?” or “Is dream actually your name?”. Simple and short answers were given in a bored tone, the blonde was more interested in the man sitting in front of him. Dream inspected Fundy’s hair, a white strip lay amongst the fluffy orange. “Your hair looks soft-” he blurted out. The prince went bright red, looking slightly shocked. The god just Wheezed slightly at the mortal. Fundy stuttered as he began his next questions “Uh… um- was the coin for me?” A wheeze escaped the god making the already flustered fox shoot him a confused look, “Well unless there's a different pretty fox boy in this castle, then the coin is yours” 

“And then I left” Dream finished his retelling, looking up slightly to the fiery god from where he lay. “Oh…” Sapnap responded quietly, “You guys didn't even kiss?” A swift punch was sent to the dark haired immortal’s shoulder followed by a “Shut up!” They laughed for a minute before Sapnap spoke up again,”Genuinely nothing though? C’mon you're a god he can't just say no.” That just made the blonde frown, “Oh c'mon now, it's not that easy.” A grin spread across Sapnaps face, “I mean it worked with Karl and Quackity” If the mask was off, the look of concern and confusion would be apparent on the blonde's face, “But Fundy isn't them, Plus they already liked you at that point sap!” The ravenette huffed in annoyance “what's so special about some hybrid anyway” Dream just looked at the other, “oh forget it, don't even start i don't wanna hear any of that gross pining shit” the chaos god just laughed, “Oh please, i had to put up with your pining put up with mine”

Fundy centered pov

Fundy was fucked to put it simply. He was yet to get up from the spot where the god had left him. What dream had said kept replaying in his head over and over “a pretty fox boy” he fell backwards, moving his hands over his face. An exhausted sigh was the only thing he could manage to vocalise. Of Course leave it to him to fall at the slightest bit of affection. All he wanted to do was crawl into bed and not have to get out again but unfortunately for him… “Oi furry wilbur wants you” his day got so much worse at that point.

It was only about half an hour later that Fundy was standing in a small, dingy room Wilbur had dubbed “the office” though a king didn't really need an office… But Fundy stood watching his father pace up and down talking about different ways to get Dream off of their back. If he was honest, he had zoned out, only being brought back by Wilbur going “Does that sound good?” His blank stare was an answer enough for the king, “I said maybe we arrange a fake marriage proposal for you to get this god to back off?” 

In any case, that would be a terrible idea, especially this case though. “Dad i dont think thats a-” he was cut off by more near panicked rambling “Well we wouldn't exactly have to arrange one now but surely it would be beneficial right? Right??” Well now this was awkward, his dad was essentially at his breaking point at the thought of some god liking his son. Yet at the same time, Dream wasn't some god. He's an entity of chaos. "Dad thats-" Wilbur wasn't done. "There's probably more solutions to this though” The worried man turned to his son, stopping in his tracks, “I can't let him take you, you're my little champion”  Fundy grimaced at the name, “Dad please,” yet again his father continued “Maybe we try something else like staging a death? Phil could help with that…” At this point the hybrid was done “Wilbur!” he had yelled this time, causing the king to turn to his son. The brunette sighed before hugging Fundy, “I’m sorry I'm just worried”. 

Silence. That was what followed. So Fundy took this as an opportunity to speak, “Dad i don't mind whatever he’s planning, if it keeps the kingdom safe then i'll do it” he left out the bit about him totally disliking Dream bit after the visit, but that could be unpacked a different day. Slowly, he moved towards the door all while ignoring his Father’s protests. “Goodnight dad” and with that he closed the door.

All he wanted now was to just sleep. Today had been mentally exhausting.

Sorry i completely forgot to feed you people my bad so take dreams gay panic and wilbur being panicky dad… he's trying. Also I've been working on like 3 new ideas for stories :]

Words: 1200