For his Soulmate

He was running. The moon was high in the sky, and the forest had returned to its mystical side. His feet crushed the dead leaves that strewed the ground, without making any noise. A successful feat thanks to his wolf instincts and years of training.

Usually, the comfort of the speed from his running was enough to clear his head of dark thoughts. The smell of the wilderness comforted him and made him happy. But it would seem that today nothing can console him.

He looked back on that day over and over again, his brows furrowed and his mouth in a murderous grimace. His wolf wanted to emerge, show his discontent, challenge this male who had dared to touch what did not belong to him. And at the same time, he wanted to bury himself deep in his soul, miserable and broken, to see his soul mate happy with someone other than himself.

Wyatt suddenly stopped, right in the middle of the Forbidden Forest, and bowed his head. His fists clenched, digging his claws into the palms of his hands. His wolf was moaning, trying to comfort him, when him himself was not feeling well. They both knew what it meant.

If he didn't mark her soon, they would die. But they couldn't wrest happiness from the young girl with the beautiful snowy hair. They just couldn't.

Wyatt fiercely wiped away a tear that had finally passed the barrage of his eyes, and was playing freely on his cheek. He eventually turned to the full moon, and howled his soul, his pain and his despair. He knew that his pack was sure to hear him, and that Willa was going to ask him for explanations he didn't feel ready to provide. How could he tell his sister that he might die soon, no matter how hard they tried to find their Moonstone? He could not.

Three months have passed since the Prawn, and it has been both the sweetest and the most horrible for him. Addison came to their den almost every day, played with the little ones, and chatted with the older ones. She was hungry for knowledge and asked a whole bunch of questions, which he answered as best as he could. Willa and Wynter had also taken her under their wing, and several times he had found the three girls chatting and laughing. He was so happy to see his sister and best friend so happy, and he owed it to his personal angel.

He spent as much time as possible with her, touching her arm, cheek, hugging her. She only smiled, always returning her affection, before returning to play with the pups, or chat with Willa. And he continued to stay close to her, as close as she would allow him to be. And that was enough for him.

Until it was not.

His wolf was moving more and more, knowing that his soulmate was very close, without being able to mark her. It was imperative for him to do it, and he couldn't understand why Wyatt wasn't doing it. And Wyatt felt it. He knew that the patience of his wild side would soon run out, and that he was going to wither away little by little.

But how do you tell Addison that his whole life depended on her? He couldn't put such a weight on her shoulders. She had given them enough already. He couldn't ask her to sacrifice her happiness for him too. Because Zed made her happy. It showed like the nose in the middle of the face.

He ends up collapsing on the ground. He couldn't stand up anymore. He couldn't stand this emptiness in his mind, in his soul, anymore. This void that could only be filled by his snow-haired angel. He lay down completely, closing his eyes, and waiting for death to finally come and hug him.

Except that it was not planned for this time.

He returned to his den, avoiding the worried looks from Willa and Wynter, and locked himself in his room. He neither wanted nor could face them today. The next day he was in class, and he needed courage and energy to be able to face Addison without her noticing.