#11

"Not bad." Said Doc. "If only she drove better than she cooked." Said Doc.

"Well your eating it, aren't you?" Paulina whispered to herself hoping he didn't hear her. But when he looked up at her she knew she had been caught.

After everyone present finished their food. Paulina offered to help Flo cleaned the dishes. "Thank you, baby." She said. "Could I bring some to Lightning?" She asked.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Doc as he continued to eat.
"That doesn't sound like a no." Said Paulina as she wrapped up a piece of food for Lightning.
"It wasn't a yes." Said Doc.
"So I can't bring him anything?" Said Paulina.
"I didn't say that." Said Doc.
"Are you always this difficult?" Said Paulina, a bit shocked she said something to him without getting nervous.
"Yes." Said The Sheriff, who then froze in fear as Doc glared at him.
"You can give him food, but I have to be there when you do." Said Doc.
"Okay." Said Paulina, as she finished washing dishes, sweeped the glass, and took down the broken windows.

Doc and her went towards Lightning's car...well she did, Doc just stayed on the sidewalk like Lightning had some disease. "Howdy! Howdy, Doc!" Said Mater.
"Howdy, Mater." Said Doc.
"Umm...hi." said Paulina as she handed Lightning the wrapped up Steak and a plastic fork and knife.
Lightning's stomach grumbled as he sniffed the food.
"I don't want anything from them." Said Lightning as he looked away from the food.
Paulina signed. "Then I guess I'll just have to take it." Said Doc.
Lightning looked at Paulina. "Don't worry they didn't poison us." Said Paulina which made Doc snort.
Lightning quickly snatched the food and ate like he hadn't ate in years.

After Lightning finished Paulina took the trash and went to throw it in the dumpster, as she passed Doc she said "So, you really did like the stake?"
"Never said I didn't." Said Doc.
"Thank you, by the way, for letting me give Lightning food." Said Paulina.
"If he died of starvation then no one would be able to fix the road." Said Doc.
"If he died of starvation you'd have more trouble than a damaged road." Said Paulina which made Doc smirk.

Paulina headed to Luigi's to start stacking up the tires.
"Why are tires here?" Said Luigi to Guido who was talking in a language she didn't understand.
"They were better where they were before." Argued Luigi.
I'll...just restack the ones by Red's flowers Paulina thought to herself as she dragged one heavy tire at a time.

"Oh that's just great!" Yelled Lightning.
"What's wrong?!" Said Mater confused.
"My lucky stickers all dirty!" Said Lightning as he got out of seat to point at the sticker on his jacket. Bessie had dropped some tar on him.
"Ah, that ain't nothing! I'll clean it for you!" Said Mater as he gargled some water in his mouth and was about to spit when Lightning stopped him.
"N-n-no! That won't be necessary." Lightning said as he rolled his eyes and spotted Red watering his flowers with his hose that was attached to the firetruck he drove around in.
"Hey! Hey big fella!" Lightning caught Red's attention since he was the tallest and biggest out of everyone.
"I could use a little hose down. Help me wash this off!" Said Lightning.
Red then looked around, hoping he was talking to someone else, then he saw Paulina, that's when he grabbed his flower pots, got in his truck and drove off fast.
"W-where's he going?" Said Lightning confused.
"Oh, he's just a little shy. And he hates you and Paulina for killing his flowers." Said Mater happily.
"I shouldn't have to put up with this! I am a famous racer!" Said Lightning, upset at Mater, Doc, Sally, Red, and the flowers.