#23

The cows mooed and chased everyone.
"Oh man the paint's still wet!" Said Ramone as he ran.
Red, being the only one not afraid of the hoard of cows, honked the horn on his truck.
Like before many tipped over.
"No, no. Get out of the store!" Said Luigi to one as it walked in followed by Guido.
"Hey, don't chew the TIRES!, here take the slow tires." Said Luigi.
"MATER, where did all these cows come from?!" Said The Sheriff, already aware Mater had somethin' to do with it.
"Hey, hey guys, there's one going this way!" Said Lightning as he and Paulina followed the all to familiar calf.
"Be careful with this one, he's a troublemaker." Said Paulina.
"I got it." Said Lightning.
They followed the calf towards the dirt road.
"C'mere little cow, that's a good little cow. No, no what are you doing, you're not supposed to go wondering off all...all alone." Said Lightning as he Doc by himself.
"I'll go get him." Said Paulina as she went to pick up the calf who stopped for a drink of water.

Meanwhile, Lightning watched Doc get in his car and stare at the dirt road.
"What are you doing with that old racing jacket?" Whispered Lightning as he saw Doc wearing a Fabulous Hudson Hornet team jacket.
Doc was about to give up and turn around.
"C'mon Doc, drive." Lightning whispered.
Something convinced him to stay and start his engine.
As he approached the turn Lightning saw him hit the breaks and slowly make the turn. Doc smiled as he knew he still had it.

Lightning approached him, and considering how well their last conversation went, you can imagine how this will go.
"Wow..." Said Lightning, shocking Doc.
"You're amazing!" Said Lightning, Doc left and ran into Paulina, holding the baby calf, he stopped, looked her up and down, then left.
"DOC, WAIT!" Said Lightning as he followed him.

Paulina returned the calf and surprisingly Frank was happy to see her, as she returned she heard Lightning and Doc talking.

Doc went back to his garage and he was about to shut the door, but Lightning caught it.
"Doc, hold it, seriously, your driving's incredible!" Said Lightning.
"Wonderful, now go away!" Doc said.
"I mean you still got it!" Said Lightning.
"I'm asking you to leave!" Said Doc, irritated.
"Come on, I'm a racer, you're a... much older racer, but underneath you and I are the same!" Said Lightning.
This gave Doc pause.
"We are not the same, understand? Now get out!" Said Doc as he motioned towards the door.
"How could a car like you quit at the top of your GAME?!" Said Lightning.

Paulina approached, but the two didn't notice her.
"You think I quit..." Said Doc as he flicked on the light to reveal a newspaper saying.
CRASH! HUDSON HORNET OUT FOR THE SEASON
There was a picture, it showed Doc's body on the hood of his car, damaged. He was bleeding from his head and arms.
"Right... your big crash in 54." Said Lightning.
Paulina was shock and hurt to see the man she has feelings for hurt.
"...THEY quit on me. When I finally got better I went back, expecting a big welcome, you know what they said, YOUR HISTORY, moved right on the next rookie standing in line..." Said Doc, sadly.
"...there was a lot left in me, I never got a chance to show it..." Doc scowled. "... I keep that to remind me never to go back, I just never expected that world would find me here." Said Doc as he looked Lightning straight in the eyes.
"Now you both know." Said Doc as he looked at Paulina.
"That's how you ended living here?" Said Paulina.
Doc nodded.
"Hey, look Doc, I'm not them! Neither of us!" Said Lightning.
"Oh, yeah?" Said Doc.
"No we're not." Said Paulina.
"Would you still be here if it wasn't your job to help him?" Said Doc looking at Paulina as she looked away.
"And you!" Said Doc as he looked at Lightning.
"When was the last time you cared about somethin' except yourself, Hotshot? You name me ONE TIME and I will take it all back." Said Doc, Lightning, like Paulina looked away.
"Uh-huh I didn't think so. These are good folk around here, who care about one another. I don't want them depending on someone they can't count on." Said Doc.
This made Lightning upset.
"Oh, like you? You've been here how long and your friends don't even know who you are?!" Said Lightning.
The shocked Doc, he paused, then regained his composure.
"Who's caring about only himself?!" Said Lightning.
"Just finish that road and get out of here!" Said Doc as he walked into his house.

Lightning and Paulina left the garage and Lightning continued on the road.