Chapter 17 - Opal

[Chapter 17 - Opal]

What was that?  Opal walked to the bus stop completely confused and slightly dazed. Cayden had... hugged her? She frowned, trying to wrap her head around the strange and awkward situation she now found herself in. She had been trying so hard to avoid him after Maggie's request; she hadn't actually texted or talked to him in over a week, either leaving him on read or sending short, dry replies. And now he just hugged her? Boys don't hug people, especially girls. Especially girls who haven't talked to him. Just what the hell was going on?

She walked faster and faster, hoping that he didn't notice how flustered she was. After all, it was probably just a friendly hug and she was completely overthinking it. Yes, that was probably it. Mindlessly, she picked up her siblings and listened to their overly-excited stories about their day. She played along and listened to them all the way home, before heading up to her room and sitting down to do homework. She made a mental plan of the things she needed to get done for tomorrow, sorted them according to her priorities, before laying out an assortment of binders and textbooks. Opal started out on her homework for the weekend, successfully taking her mind off of Cayden, at least for a little while.

**A/N**

Sorry for the huge delay! We will (hopefully) be posting more regularly from now on. :)))