Craven; 1

My room. The only place where I could actually be my self. With out trying to hide my feelings. IT wasn't the fact they wanted you to hide them, they just wanted you to have more control of them. Which I was never really taught to do. All through Mid-age school, my earlier teen years, I was bullied constantly. I couldn't hide my anger or my tears when they arrived. But this is Craven. The rules were meant to protect us from our self's and from others.

If some one doesn't follow the rules... You didn't see them again. Some times you did but it depends on which rule they broke. Then a beeping came from the screen.

"Warning, Warning to all of Craven more rebels have been spotted out side the city please stay indoors. Warning, Warning to all of Craven more rebels have been spotted trying to enter the city please stay indoors" 

Then the normal broad cast came on, I could hear my parents calling up to me. I let out a stiff groan and I walked down stairs.

"Nancy" I heard them call again, terror.

I saw what they saw, cops in front of the house guns drawn and aimed at people down the street. Blood, allot of blood. I felt like I was going to be sick but I just watched. A few bodies laying face on the grounds with weapons in their hands. The Rebels. I looked down to see people my age, about sixteen sweeps, with guns in their hands and some sort of green oval containers on their sides. 

They were in clean clothes except some spots of blood and dirt, they looked just like us. Except they had a cheek tattoo, a little crown. There the rebels low bloods? Tailors and workers? Or high bloods like I am? 

I saw one of the rebels look over a me then back at the cops. Then they opened fire. I could watch and the sound was like a thousand pens dropping in a silent room. I run up to my room and stayed there. Then the firing finally stopped. I blinked back several tears, I knew many cops and didn't want to see the body count. Except I couldn't stop, I crawled down stairs and looked. A force field divided the cops and rebels. The cops fired at it back the rebels smiled and turned and began to leave. 

The same rebel that looked at me last time, looked at me again and gave me a small nod, turned and walked off like the others. I watched them walk off, then I returned my attention back to the cops who refilled there guns and were yelling at each other. 

Then you could see the helicopter's flying out following. I watched and so did my parents. My mother held my fathers hands and he even had a grim look on his face, which was rare. My father, one of the highest judges was showing emotions. That all by its self pushed me into tears. He made a smoothing sound and carried me to my room and laid me in my bed.

"Its going to be okay Nancy" he said stroking my hair.

After a bit he left to tend to my mother. My mind could just see the blood in the street. I sat up crossed my legs and tried to forget. I thought about what was I was learning, my friends, the rules and every thing in general.  Would they cancel school tomorrow because of this? Was any ones houses fired at? 

I couldn't help the questions. My life, full of questions. Stupid questions. 

From a clear day to stormy, I watched as the clouds rolled it and the rain thud against the ground. It clicked against my widow screen, and hopefully washed away the blood. I turned on some jazz and started drawing. It wasn't against the rules, I said in my head with a slight shrug. After years of drawing I was good at drawing things. People and trees mostly. My phone buzzed from a hundred messages from people. 

" Are you okay? "

" Did you see what happened? "

" Did you see the shell doom? "

I had several more worrying text I responded to every one like normal. I sat in my room messaging people for about a hour until my phone stopped beeping. I set it down on the charger, and changed my music to some blues. 

Then a taping came from the down stairs down. I went down stairs as my mom opened it, to see three policemen come walking it, both armed.