All's Well That Ends Well

Molly sniffles as she looks into the mirror, her scarlet red lips quivering and mascara running down her pale face. She blots it quickly with a tissue and takes a deep breath as she tops off her mascara once again, frustrated at herself for ruining it. Her hair is partially up in the most beautiful of ringlets, two standalone ones framing her face. Her late grandmother's pearl necklace adorns her neck and conforms to the curves of her collarbone delicately. It's lovely, but it only makes her think of her father even more, and how he won't be here to walk her down the aisle. Heaviness tugging at her heart, she gets up and once again looks over her body and the gorgeously white lace gown with a hint of sparkle that adorns it and molds to all of her curves, making her look ravishing.

 Heaviness tugging at her heart, she gets up and once again looks over her body and the gorgeously white lace gown with a hint of sparkle that adorns it and molds to all of her curves, making her look ravishing

She can't help but feel out of place and knows that women are supposed to be thrilled and excited on their wedding day

She can't help but feel out of place and knows that women are supposed to be thrilled and excited on their wedding day. With bellies full of butterflies and pounding hearts within their chest. However, Molly holds nothing but a sharp pain of hesitancy and regret, added on top of all the sadness of her father being gone for so long. The one good thing about this occasion is that her best friend Meena is here all the way from Texas, and her brother took his leave from the Army at the perfect time so he could walk her down the aisle.

Meena comes back into the room and pouts, gently hugging her from behind. "Molly, you're absolutely stunning...why are you crying so much? And don't try telling me that it's happy crying because I know what your happy crying looks like. We were drunk plenty in college and /this/ is not your happy cry."

Molly chuckles softly at the memories but looks down at her hands with a heavy sigh. "I-I am happy...or...I want to be happy. I thought I was happy...I-...I don't know."

"If you don't want to go through with the wedding, you don't have to. This is your life, nobody else's. It's a huge step. I know that you love him, but if you feel like you shouldn't do this, then maybe you shouldn't. You have to listen to what your heart is telling you."

"Yeah, but you came all the way from Texas to be here for me, and Matty only gets leave every few years..."

"Molls, I told you, this is /your/ life. This is about you, not us. You are the one who has to live with whatever happens today. I know that you always think of everyone else before yourself, but today you have to think about you and only you." Meena turns her to face her. "I love you, you're my best friend, and I know you've had a lot of trouble with relationships, but you are one of the most incredible women I have ever known. I mean that. I want you to marry a man that deserves you, a man that you can see yourself growing old with. Are you sure it's him?"