Chapter 1

My name is Ella i'm twenty years old. I have a rare type of Lung cancer. My best friend is my older brother Ethan. No, I don't where tight fitting clothes, mainly because of my lungs. I have an oxygen tank that has to be with me at all times because like I said lungs! My wrists, legs, back, and stomach have scars. Their not all from surgery tho I have about 2 and a half years left to live, but what's the point of living, your basically born then you die.

I wake up to my annoying alarm. Right as I shut it off. My nurse Stella comes in. "Morning baby" she says happily.
She puts a pasteurized vanilla yogurt on my tray, "and I got you some strawberry sauce, to help the meds go down" she said with a accomplished smile. "Thanks Stel" I said. Waiting for her to leave.

"Oh no baby, I know you haven't been taking your meds everyday, I wont leave until you have all them meds in your body", she said with a serious tone.

I sighed, and grabbed a spoonful of yogurt and added my daily pills. I reppeted this four times until the pills were all out of the case. Because I may or may not have purposefully gave myself an overdose.

She smiled. "Ethan is eating breakfast in the cafeteria when ever you feel like seeing him." She said leaving me alone in my room.

I grabbed my phone and messaged Ethan.

Ella
Ethan

I'll be down their in ten😁

ok better hurry up blueberry muffin's are gonig quick!

I got up and walked past my stack of college work, that hasn't been opened in monthes.

I grabbed a white washed pair of short overalls, and a burnt orange tee. I slipped on my Nike slides.

I slung my oxygen tank over my shoulder, and started off with my journey to muffins, oh and Ethan

I walked down the clean halls. Doctor's and nurses walking down them too. I walked to the elevator, and waited forever. I got in a pushed the main floor.

I waited and waited and finaly the two door slide open. I walked even more down to the hospital cafeteria.

I walked through the open doors. I went to the table where breckfast was placed. I grabbed a blueberry muffin, and searched for my annoying brother.

Finally I saw his blonde hair. I made my journey to him.

I got to him. He had a half eaten strawberry doughnut, and a nearly empty cup of coffee. He smiled at me and hugged me.

I sat down. "Sleep good?" He asked. "Yeah, but not as much as when im in my real bed", I said. "I know, but this is what's best for you, I can't afford to loose my baby sis", he said taking hold of my free hand. I nodded.

"Anyway I was talking with Stella, and she said that your getting a new doctor.", he said with a smile.

"Ugh, why do I need one" I said. "Because Stella can't always take care of you, she only brings meds to her patients, and someone has to monitor you", he said looknig at my scars. "Ok" was all I said.

"His name is Dr. King", he specializes in cancer, and depression", he said. "Oh so some random doctor, out of no where is good with the problems I have!" I said through clenched teeth.

"Ells opportunity fell out of the sky, you have to take it and treasure this chance you have" he said.

"Ok, tell me more about him", I said with a sigh. "Ok, he's 26, master's degree in medical. He grew up in Texas. So not super far from here in North Carolina, he was top in all his classes, he has interests in, nature, big dogs, and hiking", he said.

"Sounds like I'm gonig to be very busy", I said with a chuckle.

He smiled at me. "I love you Eleanor", "I love you too Ethan", I said

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤

𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖!