2. Dane

Dane
the best guy you will ever meet, he will make you laugh and smile, and deprive you of all your heart and soul, and you will love it.
______________________

Tyler

Another day, another struggle.
School was boring. It was the same lessons, teachers, and students. I couldn't get the thought of Dane out of my head all day. I miss him so much.

I usually walk home after school with him considering he was my neighbor but I was practically a loner without him. I miss the jokes and laughs we had together. Now I have no friends besides my antic roommate, Stella.

To make the day even worse, it started to pour with rain and I had no ride home.

I live in what we call "The non-perfect orphanage". My parents died when I was 12. Ever since that horrific event, I lived in the orphanage.

We have a grown up who works there named Jennifer but I call her Jenny for short. She's a middle aged perfect. She is like the mom I never really had. Jenny has always been there for me and Stella whenever we needed her. That's what I loved about her.

When I made it to the orphanage, I was basically soaked. I greeted everyone in the orphanage as usual and walked to my dorm.

Stella wasn't there which I was kind of glad. I wanted to have this free time to myself.

I didn't have school the next day and I didn't have homework so I had no idea what to do.

That's when a light flicked in my head.

"I could call Dane!" I excitedly whispered to myself.

I reached through my backpack to grasp my phone. When found, I dialed in Dane's phone number as fast as my tiny fingers could.

Butterflies were flying around my stomach. It's been a month since I last heard his voice. I wondered how he was going to sound or react when I call him.

My stomach dropped when his phone went straight to voicemail.

But, of course I called him again.

No answer.

Again.

No answer.

Again.

No answer.

I was super desperate. After the last voicemail, I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. My lips were quivering. I began to realize how much I missed Dane. All the emotions that I felt for Dane had exploded.

I didn't bother to wipe the tear. I just sat there. On my bed with my phone in my lap, staring at the wall.

Have I gone crazy?

Why am I like this?

Does Dane miss me too?

My thoughts got cut off by the sound of the door of opening. My eyes shifted to the sound. Of course, it was my roommate Stella. She didn't notice me until she entered the main entrance of the small room.

She gasped. "Oh god Tyler! What happened?"

I didn't know what she was talking about at first but then I realized I still had tears rolling down my red cheeks.

I quickly wiped them away.
"Oh nothing. I was just watching a really sad movie." I lied.

I could she knew I was lying because she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not stupid Tyler. Please, You can tell me anything. I'm one of your bestfriends." She crossed her arms.

Another tear rolled down my cheek when the two words 'best friends' slipped out of her mouth. I'm pretty sure it registered to her why I was crying by then.