Chapter 3

It was midterm week and I decided to camp in the library and study every day until it's over. I had a hard time concentrating with all the accumulated workload I had left for last minute. I didn't even know where to start. Thankfully, I got through the week and decided to party with my friends on the day of my last exam. We went to this nightclub that only plays deep house music. Jonah and I decided to go together so that we could smoke up before. When we reached, we were both already really high and directly went to dance with our other friends. After two hours of dancing, my high had somewhat amplified due to the music and I started feeling a bit dizzy.

"Yo Lila! Come sit with us you should take a break" said Jackson, a student in photography that I had met through Jonah. I nodded and went over to join him and a few other friends that I also met through Jonah. I was zoning out for a bit and came back to consciousness when a hand touched my shoulder. I slowly turned around to see who it was and was surprised to see the girl from Meert café that had called Paris over.

"Hey! I'm Angela. I saw you with Paris last time and thought I should come over and introduce myself since he failed to do so."

"Oh yeah hey! I'm Lila"

"Nice to meet you Lila. So, are you and Paris close friends?" Straight to the point. I had a feeling she wanted to know whether we were more than friends or not but phrased her sentence in a way to not sound desperate. I take it she's either in a one-sided love for Paris or maybe his ex. Not only did her voice annoy me but her coming over here and asking me something personal like that pissed me off even more. I wanted to return the favor.

"Maybe. Why do you ask?" Her smile dropped and I swear I saw her flinch.

"I was just checking. Paris is a really reserved person despite being kind and easy to talk to. I wanted to know if he had opened up a bit more or not that's it". I couldn't hold back my scoff. More like you were trying to see if he's taken or not. Let me add a bit of salt to her wound.

"Really? I did not get that from him at all. In fact he talked to me about himself right away when we first met. I guess he's just picky with who he speaks with." Haha. There, now I'm done. She looks annoyed enough but for some reason she's not moving.

"Anyways I'm going back to dance. See you around Angela" I stressed on her name and left to join the dance floor. Jonah looked at me with a questioning look and I replied with rolling my eyes. He laughed and grabbed me to enter the circle our friends had made around the dance floor. I caught Angela staring at me a few times from her table. Jonah, Jackson, Nora and I went outside to smoke another joint. I explained who Angela and Paris are and why she approached me.

"You know how you could piss her off more? Call him over here!" Jonah suggested. I love his mind. This is such a perfect idea. At least it sounds like a really great one at the moment. I checked my phone to see it was already 1am. Whatever, we're students so he should be awake too right now.

It rang four times before he picked up. There was background music from his end. He might be at a party too.
"Hello? Lila?"

"Heyy Paris! Sorry to bother you so late at night but remember how you said you owe me for saving you like the knight in charming armor I am? Well does your offer still stand?"

"Oh, so you're the damsel in distress now? Of course, the offer still stands. Do you need me to come now?"

"Really?! Yes, if you could come to the address I'm sending you by message that would be perfect"

"Ok I just got it. I'm not too far anyway. Hang in there I'll head out now"

"You're an angel! See you soon". We hung up and I realized that he's actually coming thinking that he's going to save me.