Prologue

No Beta

Ner words in this chapter: 1,232

"Talking Common"

{Talking Quenian}

[Talking Sindarin]

«Talking Khuzdul»

Thinking in 3rd person POV/Others

Letter/Book

Time change/Date of time

Change of POV

Prologue

TA 2901

Belladonna's POV

Bilbo had always been a problematic Hobbitling. Always looking for fights with his wooden sword, always looking for Elves, never staying in one place... not having any friend because of his unwanted personality.

Belladonna hissed as one more day her boy cried to sleep because the other children had picked on him. It was enough. She picked her outing cloak and went to the hole of the Old Took – her father. He received her with open arms and a questioning look.

"Bilbo?" He wondered and she nodded. The old Hobbit thought for a while as he served her supper, before he finally spoke. "I have an idea."

This was how the very next day Bilbo found himself - with the help of his mother - writing a letter.

Blessings

You don't know me and I don't know you. My name is Bilbo Baggins, I am a Hobbit from the Shire. I have 10-year-old. I like to play with wooden swords and hunt for the tree Elves in the woods. I speak common and Elvish. I have blue/green eyes, brown curly hair, pointy ears, round face and hairy feet (with all it's 10 toes!).

I am writing this letter to you because I don't have any friends, do you want to be my friend? I am too Outsider to my fellow Hobbits, so my family thinks that only an Outsider can be my friend. If you accept to be my inkfriend, then please send a letter back through Gandalf, the Giant.

BB

–IF–

TA 2902

Bilbo's POV

Bilbo ran towards the house of the Old Took as soon as he heard of the old Man's arrival, Gandalf!

"Gandalf!" He called and the old Wanderer turned, smiling. "Did you find it? Did you find me a friend?"

"Easy boy..." the Wizard took from one of his pockets an important looking parchment... it had a wax seal and everything. "This was sent for you."

"What do you say, Lad?" The Old Took asked.

"Thank you." Bilbo replied, before snatching his letter and running away to read it in privacy.

Greetings, Young Bilbo

My name is Thorin, I am a Dwarf from Erebor. Like you I have no friend to call my own in my land. Not for lack of attempts on their part, but my lineage doesn't allow me to mingle among them. I am the oldest son of three siblings, I have one sister named Dís (who is Evil reincarnated) and one brother named Frerin. As the first son I have rules and guidelines I need to follow so one day I can follow in my father's footsteps, who followed in my grandfather's footsteps. Even so I was advised by Tharkûn, who you call Gandalf, to accept this friendship. He is of the idea that this will do both of us some good (and be quite amusing for him, what he meant by that I do not know). All this to say, Master Baggins, that I accept your friendship invitation.