Part 3

The pain suddenly stopped. Howard opened his eyes. He saw a glass door in front of him. He glanced above it. Wilson Grocery. The sign read.
Howard hastily turned around and saw that he was back to where he was a week ago. He saw his car parked in the lot.

He joyfully walked over to it. Howard unlocked it and took a seat in the driver's side. He banged the steering wheel with his hands in delight. He suddenly remembered something and took out his cellphone.

"Martyr Police Station. What is your emergency?" a female voice asked from the other end.

"There's a robbery going on in Wilson Grocery on Fifth Street." Howard said and cut off the call.

He started the car and was off to return to his wife. ***

Howard parked the car in his garage, and after locking the car, ran to the front door of his house.

He was about to open the door when he heard a familiar voice from behind it. "But I've just arrived."

"I know Larry. But Howard will be back soon. He got off work early today." Suzanne's voice was heard.

Howard heard footsteps approaching the front door. He quickly ran to the garage and hid there. He heard the sound of the front door being opened.

"I'll meet you tomorrow at this time then." Larry said rubbing Suzanne's shoulders gently. "That'll be perfect." Suzanne kissed him on the lips.

Larry started walking away from the house but stopped in his tracks to turn around. "And say hello to Howard for me."

"Shut up." She waved goodbye and closed the door behind her.

Howard had watched the entire scene being played out from the garage. He waited for a period of time until he was certain that Larry was gone. He then left the garage and made his way back to the front door of his house.

"Honey, you're home!" Suzanne greeted her husband as soon as he opened the door.

"It sure feels good to be home early." Howard said and received a kiss on his cheek from his wife.

She went back to the kitchen. Howard entered his house slamming the door behind him hard. "You forgot the sauce again didn't you?" Suzanne called from the kitchen.
"Yeah." Howard said. "Clumsy me."

He entered the living room. "Honey, why did you spray air freshener in the living room?"

"What kind of question is that, Howard?" she replied. "I love the smell of jasmine in the morning."

She's a good actress, Howard thought smirking.

Larry was a chainsmoker and she must've used the fragrance to mask the smell of smoke.

"Would you help me set up the table?"

"Sure." Howard replied and proceeded to the kitchen.

Howard walked inside the kitchen. He saw Suzanne searching for something inside the top cupboard.

He went over to her, grabbed her by the waist, and turned her around. "Howard, you startled me!" she said smiling.
Howard moved his face closer to hers.
"What's that smell. dear?" Howard asked his wife.