Chapter 29 - Small Steps For A Big Future & Trying To Be A Better Person

[(Y/N)-POV]

(Y/N):And that is what I must do

I finished talking to Piccolo,right now I was standing next to him on a waterfall far away from the nearest town. 

Piccolo:...Finally...I thought you would never open yourself up to creating your own path. I can see that you are making your own judgment about the facts.

Piccolo said as he stood up from the ground and looked at the horizon.

Piccolo:Tell me (Y/N)...do you remember what I told you about Tenri and her quest for revenge against the Hero Killer?

(Y/N):Yeah,that was a very selfish thing for her to do.

Piccolo:What do you think about that? What is your opinion about what I said? Be honest with me.

(Y/N):...I really think that...being selfish is not bad sometimes,after all there are times when we should worry about ourselves too,have a little self-esteem. You're right that Tenri did all this just to avenge her brother,not just because the Hero Killer was a big threat.

Piccolo:There are times when revenge blinds people,revenge in itself is not bad...but you must realize that it is a self-destructive path where you only focus on one goal in your whole life...at least Tenri managed to escape from that path before it ended up in something worse...and luckily you didn't succumb in your desire to get revenge on your father either.

(Y/N):What do you mean by all this?

Piccolo:I just don't want you to fall into the path of bad ambition,that desire to achieve something at any cost...unfortunately I could see that example in someone who was close to me...that's why I am mentioning this now...as far as I can see your ambition right now is to become strong...to protect those you love.

(Y/N):Yeah...I want to protect those I love...and also this whole place...people see it as an unimportant thing...but for a person who has only seen the outside about twice...this is a marvel...and I don't want to lose something like this.

Piccolo:See...right now you are being selfish because you want to protect the one you love so much...but that selfishness is healthy because you are not hurting the rest of the others...you are protecting them...unfortunately I have seen a lot how human beings have become more deplorable with time...even more in moments of tension where everyone should unite to face the crises that always appear when you least expect it...but it is always the other way around...people become selfish in a bad way...in part,Stain was right,some heroes may do this for other interests than being a hero...but I don't mind that if along the way you protect others and your interests don't get hurt.

(Y/N):...What was all this talk for?

Piccolo:It's just so you know what you're getting into,being a hero has a lot of responsibilities...and I'd really like you to know all that beforehand.

(Y/N):I know all that...I know all the responsibility I will have on my shoulders tomorrow...but I know that I must be even more prepared than before...that's why I want to start this training,no matter how rigorous it is...I will do it.

Piccolo:I like to hear that...but now it's time to start your training,despite what many people think,I think it's better to start mentally and then physically.

(Y/N):And why is that?

Piccolo:In extreme situations,you should not lose even a single second to think,you must make decisions immediately,in addition,a mental training will help you to balance the energy you have inside you and you will improve every movement you have and the destruction of these...I want you to use the One For all 100% in that direction,try not to destroy too much of the environment.