𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 fluttered opened

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 fluttered opened. It was piercing cold yet your body feels unbelievably numb, perhaps it was because you slept with nothing but your working attire on. There was barely any light from outside, maybe the sun hadn't awoke. You stood up, stretching your arms and legs, waking them up from deep slumber. You glanced around, your office was a mess or what your mother would've said if she saw; "dog's food".

The sun had just started rising, how right you were with a simple guess. The sun painted the sky, with each stroke, you could see the contrast between the vermillion red with a tint of pink, radiant orange fading into sunshine yellow. You opened the window, letting that morning breeze hit you, awaken and freshen you. This all reminded you too much of the days back when you were in the survey corps. Where you woke early in the morning, these were the views you were able to witness with your own eyes. After some nostalgia hits, you headed to the toilet with the toothbrush and toothpaste that you now kept for all nighters such as the one you had last night.

After getting ready, you brushed your hair out and tied it back into a high ponytail, no matter how hard you try, the baby hair always seem to find a way out, doing whatever they wish out of their free will. Ignoring the hair, you put on your gloves once more after brushing your teeth, washing your face and so on. The gloves slipped perfectly over your hands. No one questions the glove, it is a hospital and you were all about germ-free habitat though that is not quite the reason you wear it. You headed straight back to your small office—the one you always lock yourself up in, the one where you basically inhabit now.