Such Hidden

Dianite looked down upon the world before him, but as usual, there were only the groans of his loyal subjects and the crackling of his eternal wastelend of fire. He hissed as one of the savages wandered too close, sending it squealing with a simple snap of his fingers.

Useless.

He cursed Ianite, as he did every time he looked down upon his pathetic army. Once he was rid of her, their curses would be lifted and he would be free of this accursed hellhole.

Though of course, he knew who really was to blame for his predicament.

And Mianite would be the first thing he dealt with when he returned.

And he will return.

Dianite furrowed his eyebrows.

Speaking of which, Mianite had been up to something.

He had seen Thomas's discovery of the boy, and it had confused him at first, which should never happen. The appearance of another in the realm didn't bother him in the slightest, in fact he quite ignored the happenings amongst the mortals here as it was always the same.

But this one was different.

He didn't recognize the boy, which was impossible. Dianite was all-knowing of all things concerning the happenings of the realm including where every ore lay encrusted in stone and even when and where a mere chicken would decide to lay its eggs.

Then how could he not know the existence of a meager boy?

He suspected Mianite to be behind this, but what he couldn't understand was the point.

The boy was mortal, holding no powers or great abilities that Dianite could see. His face was modest, his clothing was a bit odd, but not nearly as strange as any of the others, and even his voice seemed pretty generic, if not nerdy. There was absolutely nothing special about him, yet Mianite had specially hidden the boy away from his knowledge.

But what was he planning to use the boy for? He couldn't mean to have the boy follow him. It would be pointless to put such effort into a hopeless cause.

Unless...

"That sneaky bastard." He muttered under his breath as it began to make sense.

Ianite, of course! He wants to help his sister, the goody two-shoes.. So Mianite thinks just making a kid her follower will somehow help? Hah!

The balance their father had created to seperate he and his brother was crumbling and having a boy running door to door asking to talk about his lord and savior wouldn't change a thing.

Oh, but he would have fun watching it all play out.

And maybe have a little fun of his own.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-o-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Jordan was completely out of breath by the time they reached Tom's house, his heels and calves aching and his throat dry.

Yeesh, why did the guy have to be so antisocial?

He had been able to see Tucker's and Sonja's place from the doorway of the priest's house, the fact they were a couple had slightly surprised him, but he guessed it had been obvious when he thought back on it.

Their talk with the priest had ended abruptly when Tucker had mentioned the fading daylight.

Jordan hadn't noticed how long they had been talking as when he stepped out, the sun was barely visible on the horizon as night settled in. The sight was beautiful, but the others seemed to regard the quickly receeding light with nervousness.