Chapter 1: A weird glowing hand

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I walked on the stairs, counting the steps I walked (strangely, I always counted my steps for a reason).

I walked past the other appartments,  as I reached mine.

'Finally, number 237A' I mumbled.

I reached for the keys in my bed, hoping I didn't lose them on the way home or at school.

After I found them (thank god), I opened the door.

'I'M HOME!' I shouted.

A short (H/c) woman walked into the tiny hallway.

'Hey baby, how was school?' she asked.

I averted my eyes and mumbled:' Good?'

My mother crossed her arms and looked me in my eyes.

'What happened?' said my mother. She looked so deep in my eyes, like if she was searching for the truth there.

I think she has superpowers, since she said:' Did you get into a fight again?'

Yep, you heard it right, again. Even though I am a 16 year old girl, I still get into fights (Just wanted to add, I don't lose hehe).

But it seriously isn't my fault that I get into fights! Well, kinda, but I wasn't the villian in the fight!.

I just wanted to protect people from bullies. I hate them, I mean, why would you even pick on a certain person all day long? Don't you have a life?! So when I saw a person pushing  a 13 year old into a locker, I got angry. I just said:' Stop that!' And the older boy pushed me, trying to pick a fight.

Oh boy, you picked the wrong person *chuckles*.

Let's say, he can't push people into lockers anymore!

'(Y/n), you really need to stop getting into fights! I know it is in your blood to protect people, but you can't continue like this! What are you going to say when the police arrest you, saying you knocked somebody out?' "I just want to help people?" That doesn't work.'Said my mother.

'Mom, I am trying but it's hard to ignore people in need' I complained.

'And what did you say about my blood?' I asked.

My mom looked a bit nervous, I could tell.

'That's something I will tell later, firstly I want to know what exactly happened.' she demanded

I rolled my eyes. 'Some kid bullied a 13-year old boy and pushed him in his locker, so I helped him.'

'By picking a fight?'

'No, by protecting him!' I clarified.

'You don't need to protect everyone, damnit!' She cursed.

My mom took a deep breath, and looked at me.

'What injuries does he have?'

I looked away, preparing for the dissapointed look my mother would give me.

I...uh...broke his arm and he got a few bruises' I muttered.

My mom put a hand on her forehead, not knowing what to do with her daughter anymore.

We both stayed silence, the tension growing every second.

'Are you expelled?' she sighed.

'.....yes' I whispered.

'That was the last school in the whole this city and all the cities around them! How are you going to school now?' she said, on the edge of a breakdown.